Transfer Student Success Advisor
Position Title: Transfer Student Success Advisor
Department: University College - 30120
Vacancy Number: E200
Position Number: 1499
Location of Workplace: Other
Summary of Position:
This position serves as a key member of the UNCW University College Office and the UNCW Office of Admissions, and will be responsible for providing comprehensive recruitment and advising services to prospective students seeking to transfer to UNCW from Fayetteville Technical Community College and Wake Tech Community College. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Advises students on various aspects of college programs such as majors, course selection, transferability, and prerequisites for degree plans.
2. Maintain accurate advising records and make appropriate referrals to campus resources
3. Disseminates information on the enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid, assessment, advising, and transferring.
4. Facilitates workshops and seminars in support of recruitment and retention.
5. Reviews transferability of credit (transcripts, CLEP, AP exams), and graduation requirements based on pre-admission evaluation of transfer credit.
6. May work on other special projects to support recruitment and retention.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed. Two years related work experience.
Master’s degree; All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
NC Driver’s license is required
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
• Disseminating complex information.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Ability to travel extensively.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The University of North Carolina Wilmington Office of Admissions seeks to recruit and admit students with the desire and ability to contribute to and perform successfully in the collegiate community. The University of North Carolina Wilmington’s University College is the first academic home for all first year students, military, pre-professional and select transfer student populations. The University College’s mission contributes to UNCW’s commitment to excellence in undergraduate education by building relationships and creating experiences to support student transitions, persistence, and success through academic advising, courses, programs, and resources.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please upload an Advising Philosophy for document “Other A”
This position will require frequent travel between Fayetteville Technical Community College, Wake Tech Community College and UNCW.
Months Per Year: 12 Months
Position Type: Permanent
Job Posting Date: 10/05/2017
Priority Consideration Date: 11/06/2017
Priority Consideration Information: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.