Director of Network Engagement
This position holds the primary responsibility for executing ATD’s network engagement strategy to strengthen and expand the network and leverage the network advantages of access, learning, innovation and impact. The Director is responsible for overseeing network college recruitment and retention activities including understanding and monitoring network colleges' value propositions; identifying and leading and managing the college's annual feedback process; directing the award and recognition processes; leading the network advisory committee; connecting communities of practice to support peer learning; organizing the annual Kickoff Institute; leading the new college first year experience program, and promoting fee for service offerings to more experienced colleges.
The Director supervises the Assistant Director of Network Recruitment and Retention.
Duties and Responsibilities
Network Support (50%)
· Support peer learning across the ATD network through relationship building and engagement strategies, purposeful uses of ATD technology platforms, and connections to resources and experts, including but not limited to ATD staff and coaches.
· Collaborating with other ATD staff, lead the annual reporting process for ATD institutions, providing technical assistance to colleges; reviewing reports to ensure submissions meet ATD expectations; coordinating feedback to colleges; synthesizing findings for the ATD Leadership Team and to be disseminated widely.
· Manage ATD’s annual Leah Meyer Austin award application and award process and contribute to the design and execution of new types of awards/recognition programs.
· Manage ATD’s annual Leader College certification and recertification processes including advising the Leadership Team on the selection process and on the benefits and responsibilities of being a Leader College; hosting a Leader College webinar series; and connecting Leader Colleges at DREAM and other learning events.
Network Recruitment and Retention (40%)
· Manage the Network application and review process for incoming cohorts of colleges.
· Design and deliver high quality recruitment and information sessions to attract new colleges and to promote the ATD menu of fee for service offerings for more experienced colleges.
· Contribute to strategies for recruiting/retaining additional minority serving institutions to the network.
· Maintain network recruitment and retention statistics.
· Organize the annual Kickoff Institute for entering cohorts of colleges.
· Lead the First Year Experience program for new colleges.
· Respond to early alerts from coach site visit reports in order to retain colleges.
· Understand and monitor network college value propositions and coordinate with the Data & Technology team on developing services and participation packages to retain colleges in the network.
· Work with the Data & Technology team to deploy and analyze the annual network survey to monitor value propositions and build on strengths and opportunities.
· Monitor budgets and fiscal spending as appropriate and related to portfolio.
· Manage grant funded initiatives as assigned and ensure appropriate fiscal and compliance reporting.
● Master’s degree required, preferably in field related to public policy, education, or social sciences
● Minimum seven years related experience in program and project management, with thorough understanding of membership development and relationship-building/stewardship
● Prior grant management experience required.
● Work experience in a community college environment preferred.
● Must be detail-oriented and organized; able to keep track of multiple projects and keep them all moving forward simultaneously
● Ability to work productively in both team and independent settings, along with ability to facilitate collaboration
● Strong oral communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages and to model active listening
● Ability to write fluidly and for various audiences
● Exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor
● Must be self-motivated and disciplined, with capacity to be highly productive working under pressure and within time constraints/deadlines
● Must be skilled at improving impact by connecting disjointed activities; demonstrated ability to gain understanding of potential solutions to complex problems and leverage a broad range of tools, models, etc.
● Flexibility and a tolerance for ambiguity
● Commitment to the equity and diversity values and mission of ATD; able to model appreciative inquiry to gain understanding and awareness of others’ cultural identities and practices
● Experience with Salesforce and Blackboard preferred.
● Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with Google Apps and mobile devices
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Grade: 8
Reports To: Chief Learning and Network Officer
Work Location: Silver Spring, MD
Level of Travel Required: Moderate