Laboratory Technician/CLIA Testing Personnel
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Biodesix is accepting resumes for possible future positions in its CLIA laboratory. Laboratory Technicians assist with the setup and support of the daily activities of the laboratory. In addition, Laboratory Technicians have the technical training and experience required to perform regulated clinical laboratory testing, including sample accessioning and processing using standard in-vitro laboratory techniques, and to operate a proprietary LIMS. The position also works closely with the Development and Operations management team, the Laboratory Directors, as well as cross-functional team members in Customer Service, Quality and other departments as needed. Ongoing training will be provided to supplement key skills required to perform the functions of this position as applicable.
• Completes training and Competency Assessment for all new and existing procedures.
• Receives and accessions test samples.
• Performs routine testing of samples according to established SOP.
• Enters appropriate data into LIMS and Billing systems.
• Uploads appropriate data to the Customer Service team.
• Contributes to the overall maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies following SOP's.
• Contributes to the Internal Audit readiness through good documentation practices.
• Performs all job functions in accordance with HIPAA.
• Contributes to Development projects, as needed.
• Communicates effectively with on-site and remotely located management/support teams.
• Works independently and has exceptional written and verbal skills.
• Takes responsibility for completing continuing education requirements set by applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent attention to detail with a strong commitment to thoroughness and error-free execution of procedures.
• Exceptional organizational and documentation skills.
• Outstanding technical laboratory skills. Knowledge of lab safety.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with strong work ethic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
• OR equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined by CLIA.
* Other duties as assigned.
Biodesix is a leading molecular diagnostic company recognized for their expertise in the design, development, and commercialization of multivariate, non-hypothesis dependent and clinically-actionable diagnostic tests. Biodesix integrates their extensive knowledge/use of MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry laboratory techniques with a proprietary machine (deep) learning platform to develop serum-based proteomic signatures that address critical clinical questions in oncology (e.g., prognosis, predictive, potential for therapeutic benefit).
VeriStrat, the first proteomic signature to be developed, validated and commercialized by the company, is now an industry-leading serum protein test used by oncologists to guide therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients.
Biodesix is actively working on new diagnostic tests in oncology and has recently presented exciting new results in the immune-oncology arena, including presentations at major conferences over the past 15 months.
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:14:13 PDT