Project Superintendent - Commercial Construction - Corpus Christi
About the Position
We have an opening for an experienced professional to join our team as a Superintendent. This position will be based out of our Corpus Christi, TX office. The Superintendent is responsible for planning, supervising, coordinating and controlling building construction projects in order to successfully complete a quality project on time and within the established budget.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee, manage and direct all day-to-day job site activities.
• Ensure compliance with safety program and address job site issues.
• Resolve field issues or conflicts to prevent project delays and provide overall project schedule impacts.
• Establish effective project team relationships.
• Schedule and coordinate all subcontractors and conduct inspections to ensure completion of the project in accordance with the project schedule and to ensure no additional costs are required for completion of contract work.
• Monitor all work installed to ensure installation complies with contract documents and quality standards.
• Review project plans and scope for design/constructability issues and create RFI's as needed.
• Review submittals and shop drawings for specification compliance and constructability. • Provide daily reports, weekly safety and jobsite meetings
• Minimum of 7 years of diverse experience in commercial construction as a Project Superintendent
• Diverse expertise with a variety of building types. Prior experience with: medical office building, schools, commercial office, industrial, public sector and related facilities preferred.
• Proven track record of completing quality large projects on time and within budget.
• Ability to develop and update project schedules and to manage general conditions budget.
• Thorough understanding of OSHA safety requirements and construction codes.
• Working knowledge of all sub trades.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints/drawings and relevant contract documents.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, subcontractors and clients.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
• Superb time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented and dependable.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in use of a personal computer and software programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Please include salary history with your resume.
Employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screen test
The firm opened its doors in 2002 and focuses on banks, schools, churches and office building work. Our goal is to provide high quality projects to owners while being knowledgeable in all areas of the construction process from design to the final product. We are a family oriented company, that is growing in project volume but we believe in keeping the company to a manageable size in order to combat economy cycles. We value individuals that believe in doing things right and that are motivated to go the extra mile for owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the firm.
Corpus Christi, TX
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:32:10 PDT