Manufacturing Engineer, Pharmaceutical (Electro-Mechanical)
Manufacturing Engineer, (Continuous Improvements)
Supports manufacturing needs for fabrication and assembly to meet engineering and quality specifications. Ensures that all required manufacturing documentation is complete and accurate. Optimizes processes, tooling and fixtures for cost effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply structure problem solving methodologies to address system, electrical, and mechanical issues
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of technical instructions, schematics, blueprints and specifications
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
- Must excel at working in a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (BSME or BSEE preferred). 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, with exposure to fabrication and assembly processes, techniques and procedures is preferred.
Strong analytic skills are required
With a general understanding of capital equipment manufacturing, documentation requirements, general fabrication and assembly procedures, able to support manufacturing needs and balance multiple priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds or able to move heavier items with hand trucks, dollies, carts or other material handling equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time is spent both in an office environment as well as on the shop floor. Required to work on and around equipment. Some large equipment, machines, cranes and material-handling items used throughout the shop areas. Some processes, tools, and equipment generate loud noises during shop activity. Many areas of the shop are heated (for the cold season), but not air conditioned (for the summer months).
SP Scientific, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of laboratory and process equipment serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific, educational, industrial, and OEM markets. It is comprised of leading well known brands representing over 250 combined years of experience, quality and innovation. SP Industries is a global supplier committed to providing the best products and services available to its customers. We offer a world-wide sales and service network with full product support including training and technical assistance.
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 06:47:27 PDT