Adjunct Faculty Credit - Astronomy
Job no: 492774
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: per Adjunct Faculty pay scale
Department: Math and Science
Starting Pay Rate: Per Adjunct Faculty Pay Scale
Schedule Information: Days/evenings/weekends depending upon course schedule
*** This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates for the above subjects. As teaching needs arise, these applications will be reviewed for possible interviews.***
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
- Teach Astronomy classes
- Minimum of an M.S. or equivalent degree in Astronomy or one of the physical sciences.
- Effective, enthusiastic teacher committed to teaching at the community college level, preferably with academic experience in descriptive astronomy.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Applicable Benefits: We offer a competitive, semester by semester adjunct pay, with some tuition waivers available after 3 semesters; sick and personal business leave; and a comprehensive Adjunct Faculty Development Program.
Advertised: 26 Oct 2016 Central Daylight Time