Architectural Project Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains single point accountability for project work with an increased emphasis on client, landlord, building departments, contractor, and vendor interaction and project documentation.
• Monitors all projects within account; manages multiple accounts at one time.
• Assists SPM in the management of account's profitability.
• Conducts field surveys.
• Assists SPM with preparation of personnel reviews and employee disciplinary actions as required.
• Directs team members (employees and consultants) at all levels of contract administration.
• Controls any number of projects at various stages of work.
• Assists SPM in maintaining strong client relationships, project timelines, manpower scheduling and billings.
• Assists SPM in managing administrative tasks such as review of timesheets, phone logs, invoices and change orders.
• Checks sets of construction documents and prepares feedback to staff.
• Prepares project designs and plans using CAD software and equipment.
• Directs activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
• Sends correspondence to clients as required.
• Researches code requirements.
• Travel required - approximately 25%
• Ability to manage staff under the supervision of SPM, including but not limited to staff scheduling, project hour monitoring, construction drawing review and consultant coordination.
• Provides whatever assistance is needed within the team to meet the account needs, including overtime if required.
• Maintains that staff follows and complies with all company policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Requires a high level of creativity in solving design and construction issues.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple projects from inception through completion.
• Strong knowledge of architectural assemblies, mechanical, electrical & plumbing components and systems.
• Strong understanding of management and administrative functions such as change orders, account profitability, timesheets, project correspondence and scope of contract work.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
• Requires strong management, communication and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates that the client is comfortable working with them.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
• Ability to audit RFP's for scope, services and cost.
• Possess thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
• Ability to develop and manipulate construction details as required for the project.
• Skilled in PC usage and review computer aided drafting (CAD) and related MS Office software - Word, Excel, Access.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree - with emphasis in architecture, interior design, or construction
• 4 years related work experience in retail or commercial.
• Exceptions will be reviewed by management.
A Progressive Architecture firm located in Northern New Jersey completing Retail, Shopping Center, Food Services, Automotive, and Corporate Interiors is offering a career opportunity to an individual to join our team. We are licensed in all 50 states and provide in-house design, architecture, and MEP engineering services to support our growing client base.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 04:51:43 PDT