Engineer R&D Firmware_ATL_3754-Atlanta, GA
- Design and develop embedded software drivers and applications.
- Apply effective functional and object-oriented coding practices in both RTOS- and Linux-based systems.
- Integrate drivers/applications with the rest of the overall system.
- Perform verification (manual and automated) of software functionality.
- Debug and troubleshoot embedded system issues.
- Work with customer support to investigate field issues.
- Participate in the system integration testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Understand and follow the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Customers (Internal & External)
- System Integration Test
- System Verification Test
- Product Planning & Development
- Product Line Management
- New Product Introduction
- Technical Support
Skills / Qualifications / Training / Experience:
- BS or MS Engineering/Science
- C, C++, Python, Unix/Linux, Real-time operating systems
- Software Design and Development
- Debugging software (GDB, code inspection, logging, etc.)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) - collaboration/sequence diagrams, use-case diagrams
- Knowledge of optical networking (SONET, OTN, Gigabit Ethernet) is a plus
- BSP Experience is a plus (uboot, pre/post pivot Linux startup)
- Moderate lifting, 15-44 lbs.
- Travel to other company offices
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Energetic and creative problem solver
- Solid understanding of data communications networking with an emphasis on Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM) and Ethernet technologies.
- Development experience on Embedded Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with GIT or other Source Control Management tools.
Become part of a winning team! ADVA Optical Networking is a global provider of telecommunications equipment. ADVA Optical Networking is determined to solve the exploding need for increased bandwidth in the metro and we are looking for equally ambitious and qualified professionals to join our talented team of over 1,400 employees. As a team member, you will be working in a fast-paced, lively, and multicultural environment in one of today's hottest high-tech industries. You will be given opportunities, responsibilities, and a compensation package that reflects your qualifications and ambitions. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team.
Keywords: UX Design, UX Research, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Ethnography, User Interviewing, Design Thinking, GUI Design, Usability Testing, Information Design, Field Research, Agile, Lean UX.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 05:57:03 PDT