Assistant Manager of Marketing and Communications
Baruch College – Assistant Manager of Marketing and Communications
Baruch College’s strategic plan calls for increased visibility, branding, and recognition of the College’s academic programs, educational quality and achievements with key constituencies. The organization’s strategic communications and marketing plan is focused on building the institution’s reputation among key stakeholders, while growing its local, national, and international prominence. The Office of Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs is responsible for developing and executing this plan, and ensures that the organization is presented through a unified brand presence, strategic key messages, and a consistent tone and voice.
The Office of Communications, Marketing & Public Affairs, is responsible for the College’s brand identity and overall communications, and manages the marketing initiatives of Baruch’s three schools (The Zicklin School of Business, the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, and the Weissman School of Arts & Sciences). Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, the Assistant Manager helps to coordinate marketing and communications activities for Baruch’s three schools, as well as for other units across the College such as the president’s office, undergraduate admissions, professional and continuing studies, development, and alumni. The Assistant Manager is the primary social media coordinator within the team, and manages the College’s main social media accounts, while playing an active role on building and enhancing the institution’s presence on social and digital channels. This role also provides project management support to the department, working on web initiatives, recruitment marketing campaigns, and other strategic communications initiatives.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily posting and content for Baruch College’s main social media accounts.
- Develops outreach via social media to promote the College, its faculty, students, academic programs and events. Gathers information and coordinates content from various departments within the school, as well as from marketing, PR and digital communications staff.
- Creates engaging content, copy and visual assets, for websites, newsletters and social media that are consistent with the college’s brand identity. Builds the institution’s SM brand voice, while growing its presence on digital channels, and helps to foster a vibrant internal community of social media coordinators within the organization.
- Participates in the development of the College’s social media plan and strategies, ensuring integration between paid, owned, and earned media. Focuses on growing engagement with stakeholders on existing and emerging platforms while supporting recruitment marketing efforts.
- Oversees and maintains the SM content calendar, as well as the college-wide conference and event calendar, and ensures that short-term and long-term initiatives are supported by the communications team.
- Oversees tracking and monitoring of the College on social media. Creates monthly, annual, and campaign-specific analytic reports in an accurate and timely manner. Uses analytics and benchmarks to provide insights, and to recommend new strategies and content.
- Provides project management support and liaises with internal clients for implementation of marketing and communications initiatives requested by the Schools and other units across the College. In conjunction with the marketing managers, this may include coordinating projects from start to finish, including budget, timelines, design, copy, vendor management, and overall project communications.
- Supports the implementation of marketing and communications projects to help achieve the organization’s business development and enrollment goals. These include but are not limited to recruitment marketing activities, such as producing ads, eblasts, landing pages, and more, as well as coordinating content migrations, developing web pages or microsites, and creating rich media content.
- As part of the marketing team, participates in maintaining the College’s central marketing systems, which include QuickBase, the project management solution, and MerlinOne, the digital asset management system (which houses still photography and videos).
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Non – Exempt.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field and four years of related work experience required.
- Work experience in a marketing coordinator or junior manager-level capacity in a corporate, higher education or public sector environment
- Demonstrated experience managing social media and managing web sites or digital content for a public/consumer facing organization; experience working on an enterprise-level site and familiarity with content management systems preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker, with an aptitude for cultivating interesting content and stories
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as proficiency in SEO
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google +, Pinterest, etc.)
- Basic skills with photography and ability to edit/manipulate images using graphic design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign) highly preferred; skill with video software (such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut) is an asset; an eye for good design and creative
- Knowledge of best practices in web site management and user experience
- Experience with analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others; ability to analyze, evaluate and effectively communicate social media performance; proficiency with digital and social media metrics
- Experienced with implementing digital consumer marketing campaigns using display, search, video, and social preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Project management skills and experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with a team, as well as communicate and work productively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #17438. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
November 4, 2017
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.