The University of Colorado Colorado Springs and the Colorado Springs City Clinic welcomes applicants for a Family Nurse Practitioner - PRN position, providing health care services to City of Colorado Springs employees, retirees and dependents. The City Employee Medical Clinic is a collaborative project between the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences and the City of Colorado Springs. The FNP evaluates, assesses, diagnoses, prescribes and educates patients regarding their particular illness or chronic disease. The practice of the nurse practitioner is dictated by clinical practice guidelines and protocols.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Responsible for providing primary care to patients of the City Employee Medical Clinic.
- Evaluates and treats acute and chronic problems for the pediatric to geriatric population.
- Completes histories, thorough assessments and physical examinations on all patients with accurate and complete documentation reflected in medical records.
- Collaborates and communicates with other departments within the city, such as the pharmacy to ensure optimal patient care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong medical knowledge base and able to treat a variety of medical problems, both chronic and acute without consulting a physician or specialist.
- Able to differentiate patient care situations which require immediate and non-immediate action and responsibilities accordingly.
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, clinic students and staff, outside specialists and agencies to ensure specific patient needs are met.
- Able to document history, physical examinations, assessments and treatment plans for each patient by using the electronic medical record and enter follow-up diagnostic testing and laboratory studies that have been ordered.
- Able to discuss and promote wellness for all patients.
- Knows when and how to refer patients to other health care professionals when the care that needs to be provided is beyond their scope of practice.
- Proven effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of HIPPA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $40.00 hour
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Current Colorado licensure as Family Nurse Practitioner with full prescriptive authority
- DEA license
- Current CPR license
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants are encouraged to also apply for the Nurse Practitioner-PRN for the UCCS Wellness Center, posting #11212.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 10/31/17 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Oct 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Billie Baptist
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00400717