Nature of Work
As needed, Nurse Practitioner in a student based Wellness Center that treats patients from a variety of age groups with a variety of health needs.
The position is directly supervised by the Medical Director of Health Services. Position is also accountable to the Wellness Center Executive Director of Health Services.
No direct supervision but position may act as a work leader with other staff, including medical assistants, in the absence of the Medical Director and the Executive Director.
Position must work collaboratively with a variety of campus constituents to include but not limited to staff in the following departments:
• Office of Residence Life and Housing; Public Safety; Recreation, Intercollegiate Athletics, Student Life and Leadership, Office of Institutional Equity, Disability Services and the Office of the Dean of Students.
• Position must work collaboratively with employees in the Wellness Center.
Examples of Work Performed
Responsible for providing health care to patients of the UCCS Wellness Center as directed by nurse practitioner scope of practice and clinic protocols. Assists medical director and executive director with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Position evaluates and treats a wide variety of adolescent/adult patients with a variety of health care needs.
- Completes histories, thorough assessments, and physical examinations on all patients with appropriate documentation reflected in medical records.
- Able to differentiate patient care situations which require acute and non-acute action and responds accordingly.
- Triages walk-in urgent health care situations and coordinates with emergency medical responders for safe transport to local emergency rooms if deemed necessary.
- Ability to effectively document exam findings in a timely manner.
- Refers patients requiring care that is beyond the scope of the Nurse Practitioner's practice to the Medical Director or other appropriate provider.
- Works with medical assistants to contact patients requiring follow up care and documents accordingly.
- Knowledge of best practices when treating patients
- Good interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural, integrated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to interpret lab and radiology results
$40/hour. Will work on an as needed basis.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Specialty certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner by a national certification agency.
- Current Colorado licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Prescriptive authority
• Experience working with college aged population
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by October 31, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Applicants are encouraged to also apply for the Nurse Practitioner-PRN for the UCCS-City Clinic, posting #11213.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40226 - AVCAF-Student Health Ctr Oper
Posting Date: Oct 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Billie Baptiste
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738574