The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science seeks a conscientious, reliable individual as an Administrative Assistant. He/She should be detail-oriented and must be capable of completing tasks with minimum assistance. The individual will provide clerical support to the department and handle a wide array of tasks involving solving problems in support of CEMS faculty and staff. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service to students, staff and faculty.
- Contributes to the planning of major departmental events, such as the periodic EAB meeting and BBQ for students.
- Types memos, letters, and reports as needed
- Processes edocs in Kuali and Payroll requisitions in Workday (knowledge of Kuali and Workday preferred, but not required)
- Prepares seminar announcements and responsible for refreshment set-up for seminars and other meetings
- Makes hotel reservations for seminar speakers and reconciles department P-Card in Concur
- Monitors department's office supplies and places orders as needed
- Responsible for placing key orders, text book orders and physical plant work orders
- Keeps a record of reservations for B009 and McLean 120 conference rooms
- Maintains a database of all forms submitted by students for processing by the Offices of Graduate Academics and Registrar's Office.
- Prepares TA/RA appointments
- Distributes radiation badges and rings for faculty, staff and students
- Other duties assigned and performed as required
The individual will report to the Office Manager of the department.
Chemical, Engineering and Material Science
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police