The Integrated Teaching and Learning (ITL) Program and Laboratory is an educational unit within the College of Engineering and Applied Science offering and supporting hands-on courses and workshops in undergraduate and graduate engineering to thousands of students during the academic year. In addition to engineering college students, the unit also serves the K-12 community through its K-12 engineering program, which includes student classes and programming, after-school engineering education and outreach, summer camps, teacher workshops, and facility tours.
The Program Assistant delivers polite and responsive customer service, regularly troubleshooting and problem-solving engineering student, faculty and staff inquiries for the ITL Program and Laboratory. This role is responsible for a myriad of activities centered at the ITL Laboratory front desk, serving both the ITL and Engineering Plus (e+) programs and teams. Responsibilities include providing superior student, staff, and faculty service and administrative support to the ITL and e+ programs; troubleshooting and problem-solving any student, staff, faculty, and equipment issues as they arise; processing and reporting financial transactions; serving as a building proctor by handling facility and equipment maintenance in a hands-on experimental laboratory; processing course surveys; coordinating extensive skill-building workshop schedules; and scheduling courses, workshops, seminars, etc. in the ITL Laboratory classrooms and lab plazas. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three days of hire.
What your key responsibilities will be:
ITL Laboratory Customer Service and User Problem Assessment
- Welcomes, assists, and directs students, faculty, and walk-in visitors regarding ITL Program and Laboratory inquiries. Inquiries may include directions, maps, information about facility tours, and information about user accessibility.
- Provides accurate and resourceful resolution of ITL Laboratory customer inquiries. Maintains a high awareness of, and tracks, the types and frequencies of customer inquiries, and relays this information to the appropriate staff.
- Assists the ITL technical staff with scheduling workshops and other events in the ITL Laboratory building and maintaining them on the public facing ITL Laboratory calendar. Includes interfacing with people from all engineering departments, and occasionally external student groups.
- Assists students, faculty and staff requesting help with ITL Laboratory computers, logins, software-controlled door access through C-Cure, scanners, projection equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoots use of office and classroom equipment and software such as remote controls, wireless mice, LCD projectors, PA sound system, digital cameras, copy machine, scanners, fax, printers, etc.
- Issues and resets computer network login passwords using Suiten software, adds new users, new group members and group folders to the Windows computer network, and uses Print Manager Plus (PMP) software to set and troubleshoot print quotas.
- Learns new software and hardware to meet evolving needs of a technical organization.
- Upholds a helpful, pro-active, service-oriented culture and maintains a high level of communication, both oral and written, within the unit.
- Maintains and establishes accounts for P-Card holders in the ITL and e+ Programs.
- Re-allocates P-Card transactions, audits files, and submits reports in Concur.
- Guides others in appropriate selection and purchasing procedures, ensuring that fiscal procedures are followed. Addresses any instances where fiscal procedures were not followed appropriately to the cardholder and the Financial Manager, as needed.
- Creates and enters receiving information for online purchase requisitions/orders in CU marketplace.
- Uses appropriate forms to issue payments to non-employees, furniture purchases, and to obtain procurement and travel cards for new staff members.
- Creates journal entries in CU finance system, ensuring that the ITL Laboratory receives payment for supplies and services rendered to other departments.
- Accepts cash payments from workshops and 3D printer filament sales, tracks income, and prepares cash and check deposits.
- Handles travel and conference arrangements for ITL and e+ Program staff and faculty following college and university policy and procedures.
- Assists staff with submitting Sole Source Justifications and purchase orders in CU Marketplace.
- Maintains inventory and tracks office and printer supplies to ensure that there is a continuous stock of these necessities; monitors supplies in vending machine; investigates for best price and services.
- Oversees incoming/outgoing mail and shipments, maintains/updates meeting agendas, creates and updates email group aliases.
- Serves as Earn Learn Coordinator for ITL and e+ Programs, including completing Earn Learn application requests for student technical staff, ensuring that all available Earn Learn positions are filled, following up with students to make sure their applications are submitted, and making sure that funding is received from the Earn Learn program for student pay.
- Serves as a backup for bi-weekly time entry and full-time staff leave reporting, as needed. Processes time entry for ITL Laboratory student staff.
- Communicates ITL Laboratory orientation policy and procedures to new ITL Laboratory student users.
- Assists the Academic Program Associate with new staff orientation by familiarizing new staff with the ITL building (e.g., obtaining keys and communicating ITL Laboratory procedures) and introducing ITL Program staff members.
- Handles course scheduling in the ITL Laboratory by reserving spaces without error or overlap to allow for smooth running of all courses and events.
- Keeps current a reference notebook of the Program Assistant duties and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned (e.g., creating Excel spreadsheets, creating presentations, creating signage, etc.).
Technical Team Support
- Provides support to ITL Technical Team, including coordinating skill-building workshop schedules and testing new software. Creates signups for all workshops, advertising workshops, reporting workshop data, and assists with registering students for them.
- Provides support to ITL evening student staff with printing posters during the day during times of high demand. Seeks help from student staff for various projects to maximize their efficiency on a regular basis, making a point to seek out tasks that student staff can do.
- Assists Financial Manager with hiring of student technical staff each semester.
Engineering Plus Program Support
- Provides administrative support to e+ Program staff and faculty, including ordering teaching and outreach supplies, completing conference registrations, organizing conference travel arrangements, and performing other tasks as requested by e+ team members.
- Assists the Academic Program Assistant with e+ community event organization and implementation, e+ student recruitment mailings, e+ graduation planning, set up and execution.
- Processes beginning and end-of-semester course survey data in a quickly and responsible manner by scanning and organizing Focus Group results for all XXEN X400 sections, and grading all Spatial Visualization tests for XXEN 1400 sections. Uses both Remark software and Microsoft Excel.
Building Proctor and Facility Maintenance
- Serves as a building proctor and works in conjunction with Facilities Management and, whenever possible, with student staff to maintain the ITL Laboratory facility in showcase conditions.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized and effective ITL Laboratory building and student-learning environment by regularly inspecting the building to seek out and resolve any potentially unclean, unsafe or hazardous issues, such as spills, messes, leaks, missing or broken building equipment, etc.; performs daily walk-throughs to ensure the facility remains up to showcase expectations.
- Oversees facility maintenance requests, including repair, building environmental controls, plumbing, vending, recycling, custodial, etc., to keep equipment in top working condition, solves problems and arranges for repair and maintenance of the copy machine, building fans, doors, etc.
- Schedules and executes biannual carpet cleaning and floor waxing; coordinates movement of all building furniture and ensuring that building is unscheduled during this time.
- Issues building keys to appropriate staff, faculty and students; uses C-Cure security software to issue door access and building access hours.
Semi-Annual Design Expo Planning
- Coordinates and manages fall and spring semester-end Design Expos that serve hundreds of students and the public.
- Advertises and communicates event to local high schools and within the college, collects registrations, and informs Instructors and TAs for planning purposes.
- Creates Expo floorplan, organizes 150+ teams into locations that fit their needs based on project size, noise, messiness, space requirements, power/lighting needs, etc.
- Coordinates student clean up after Expo and quickly returns building to normal.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know:
- This is a Classified position that requires candidates to be a resident of Colorado.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $46,260.00 commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be balanced. Be groundbreaking. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which include one year of experience appropriate to the assignment.
- Resident of Colorado.
What you will need:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- A willingness to learn and interest working with technology and computer programs.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot audio visual and other office equipment issues as they arise.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and geographical differences-with ability to work well with faculty, staff and students from around the world.
What we'd like you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a STEM field.
- Familiarity with HTML platform.
- Familiarity with engineering tools and concepts.
- Experience with planning and executing small to large-scale events with 10 - 100+ attendees.
- Experience working with engineering or other STEM students and faculty in a higher education environment.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by [October 17, 2017].
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
(For classified postings only).
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last- First -11287.
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10308 - Engin Dn-Integratd Teachng Lab
Posting Date: Oct 4, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 17, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00108194