Instructional Support Assistant-Non-Invasive Cardiology
Instructional Support Assistant-Non-Invasive Cardiology-1703059
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Instructional Support Assistant is a valuable member of our team, who provides administrative and executive support and has the ability to interface with all levels of management throughout the hospital. Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Instructional Support Assistant in the Non-Invasive Cardiology may include the following but are not limited to:
- Patient Intake/Insurance Verification: Note patient arrival and indicate in Cerner; determine if Hospital registration is required; have the patient complete all necessary paperwork; photocopy all appropriate insurance documentation; obtain authorization for the patient's test(s).
- Scheduling: Schedule inpatient and outpatient hospital testing; schedule follow-up clinic appointments for patients in Cerner; give patients necessary instructions for their hospital ordered test(s); advise patients on the need for authorization/pre-certification; copy all scripts that are given to the patient; follow-up on "no show" patients.
- Coverage: Provide coverage for our Hauppauge, Hospital and Electrophysiology/HSC offices.
- Billing: Have patients complete all of the appropriate billing forms; photocopy patient's insurance cards/forms; collect co-payments, issue a receipt to the patient and log collections; collect deposits from self-pay patients; obtain referrals and/or authorization in advance of the patient's appointment; post all cash receipts in Cerner and prepare co-pays for pick-up; serve as liaison to the Department of Medicine.
- Administrative: Support secretary functions as it relates to obtaining orders from physicians and respond to inquiries as necessary. Greet patients and answer telephones in assigned area and assist callers and direct calls as appropriate. Help call response for the department. Provide in-service training for users. Maintain the day to day operation of Cerner performance workflow.
- General Clerical Duties: Schedule clinic (new patients and follow-ups) and testing appointments; mail new patient packets; take messages for physicians when necessary. Call patients to confirm their appointment. Ensure timely and complete capture of reports. Faxing, collating and reconciling reports. Maintain all records and patient’s files in accordance with hospital and regulatory standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required AAS degree. In lieu of degree, High School Diploma with 2 years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting. Computer, Microsoft Office and Cerner EMR experience. Insurance authorization and patient scheduling experience.
Preferred: Cardiology practice experience. Strong customer service, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This position will require the selected candidate to travel to our Hauppauge, Hospital and HSC offices and to work weekends when needed.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Non-Invasive Cardiology Tech Park-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00am - 4:30pmNon-Invasive Cardiology Tech Park-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Oct 4, 2017
Posting End Date: Oct 18, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL1