Brand Manager - Office of Marketing and Communications, College of Business (A1700619)
College of Business Marketing & Communications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
As the brand steward and coach, the brand manager will maintain brand integrity across all College marketing initiatives and communications, and manage a portfolio of projects. The manager will work closely with all units across the College, assisting them in implementing the College brand strategy and building unit messaging that aligns with the brand. This includes setting objectives, developing strategic marketing and communication plans, and implementing tactics for specific units in the College of Business. This position is responsible for building strong brand relationships across internal and external audiences.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the CMO in the development and implementation of the College brand strategy
- Coordinate with project manager to oversee the planning, development, and execution of all projects within the Office of Marketing & Communications
- Manage brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and brand consistency across College units
- Build brand advocacy across all units and stakeholders of the College
- Identify a group of brand ambassadors across the College and develop programs/opportunities to use these ambassadors towards implementing and stewarding the brand
- Develop a model to measure brand relationships across the College and among external stakeholders
- Ensure all marketing & communications projects meet strategic objectives and quality guidelines
- Identify and manage external production resources that are used for brand development
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels (web, digital, print, social)
- Generate innovative ideas to promote the College brand
- Develop and implement internal feedback mechanisms to ensure internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage ongoing consumer insights and analysis of competitors
- Assist the CMO in the College brand roll out and organize training to internal stakeholders on implementing the brand
- Manage internal research projects
- Ensure project production is scheduled and assigned at manageable levels across internal staff and employ external resources when needed
- Serve as marketing team lead - coordinating strategy, tactics, and implementation for college unit/s as assigned. Keep all parties informed of deadlines, status, etc.
- Coordinate all communications to M&C staff to keep all informed of projects, projects, and progress
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree in an area of study that required research, extensive writing, and leadership.
Preferred: MBA degree
Required: Five years' directing marketing/communications for an academic unit; management of multiple projects that require strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrated leadership and team skills; extensive experience in development and stewardship of an academic brand.
Required: Strong communications skills, both written and verbal; ability to edit and write grammatically correct, clearly and concisely; research and analytical skills, team oriented and service minded attitude.
Preferred: Knowledge of the College of Business and University of Illinois.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by October 18, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Brand Manager - Office of Marketing and Communications, College of Business (A1700619)
Open Date: 10/04/2017
Close Date: 10/18/2017
Organization Name: College of Bus Communications