Visiting Content Specialist - Special Education (A1700621)
Visiting Content Specialist
Department of Special Education
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a collaborative professional for the position of Visiting Content Specialist for the Illinois Families and School Success (IL-FSS.org) Project. The successful candidate will create content for the project, attend and present at professional conferences and meetings throughout Illinois, and promote positive family and school engagement strategies via video and other multimedia methods (e.g., podcasts). This is a 75% time, non-tenured, twelve-month, Academic Professional position. It may become full-time and permanent at a later date, as future funding allows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other Illinois Families and School Success Project staff to create web content and align web-based resources focused on parenting, family/school communication, and family support for learning that are relevant for teachers, administrators and families of students Pre-K-12th grade.
- Interview and develop multimedia content (e.g., videos, podcasts) for the IL-FSS.org website and state/national conference presentations that support family engagement in their children's education.
- Collaborate with other IL-FSS Project staff (e.g., webmaster, editor) to design and upload new content to the IL-FSS.org website.
- Collaborate with other Illinois Families and School Success Project staff to update the website's calendar, adding Illinois events and initiatives that engage families with their child's school and educational opportunities.
- Represent the Illinois Families and School Success Project at relevant conferences and meetings (e.g., IL Title I Director's Conference; IL Directors of Special Education Conference).
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Master's degree in Education, Social Work, or Human Development and Family Studies
Experience: Create written information and multimedia content (e.g., video interviews; podcasts) for general audiences
- Knowledge of the evidence-based literature around promoting school and family engagement practices.
- Knowledge of recommended practices for positive communication strategies with diverse families and school personnel.
- Knowledge of basic video recording and audio recording to create multimedia content for website use and educational conference presentations.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a letter of application, resume, and names and contact information of at least three references. The closing date for applications is October 25, 2017.
November 16, 2017 or as soon as possible after that date
For more information about this position, please contact:Search Committee Chair, Kevin Dolan, via e-mail: email@example.com
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Education
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Content Specialist - Special Education (A1700621)
Open Date: 10/04/2017
Close Date: 10/25/2017
Organization Name: Special Education