Assistant Director of Storytelling - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A
Assistant Director of Storytelling
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Storytelling for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement.
The University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. Distinguished by the breadth of our programs, academic excellence and an internationally renowned faculty, Illinois serves our state, our nation, and our world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement is charged with building relationships with our constituents and generating diverse resources that facilitate Illinois' academic, research, economic and public services excellence. Advancement brings together professionals in marketing, communications, alumni relations, and development to lead these efforts across the Urbana-Champaign campus.
Assistant Director of Storytelling
This position will work closely with the Storytelling Director and the Art Director to produce rich and inspiring content that drives engagement among our vast audience of alumni, donors, and friends. A member of the Communications Office within the Strategic Engagement team, this position contributes to projects that advance the larger goals of the OVCIA and of the current capital campaign.
- Create content for a robust digital storytelling experience on STORIED (storied.illinois.edu).
- Conduct story research, interviewing, and writing.
- Oversee and manage STORIED video and audio projects.
- Oversee and manage content on other VCIA web properties.
- Source images and shoot original photography.
- Collaborate with college and unit-based marketing & communications professionals.
- Keep informed about current news, research, and developments on campus, with an eye to choosing compelling stories to share.
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing & communications experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, media, and other key audiences.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Adobe Premier, InDesign.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- A master's degree preferred.
- Basic knowledge of higher education environment.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by November 1, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Brenda Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Storytelling - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1700622)
Open Date: 10/04/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement