Director, Entrepreneurial Enterprises & Strategic Partnerships
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Director for Entrepreneurial Enterprises oversees the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises with the George Washington University's School of Nursing (GWSON).
This position is responsible for providing seasoned leadership and direction to all GWSON's short- and long-range revenue enhancement and diversification initiatives. This includes the identification of opportunities & strategic partnerships to generate revenue, broaden the reach and visibility of the GWSON, and to support the school's brand; analyses related to the market need and competition, sourcing, infrastructure needs, and financial forecasting; preparation of detailed initiative and enterprise documents; and, development and cultivation of strategic partnerships, collaborations, grants, and sponsorships to advance ventures and augment funding and development.
Essential functions include:
• Lead the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises, which includes GWSON mission-centric, nursing, and interdisciplinary initiatives and strategic partnerships
• Build, oversee, and maintain a portfolio of initiatives and enterprises to provide new and sustainable revenue streams.
• Manage experienced and new staff members assigned to the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises team, and oversee technical and subject matter faculty members and consultants engaged with the Division's initiatives and enterprises.
• Represent the Dean and GWSON internally and externally in support of all major entrepreneurial enterprises & strategic partnerships.
• Identifies opportunities for new program development (education and research) with regional, national and international partners, such as corporations, health care systems and large employers of health professionals, government entities, professional associations, schools and other higher education institutions.
• Oversee the operating budgets for the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises and each venture in consultation with the Dean and the school's Finance Director, along with other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
• Provide input into the development of the annual and long-range budgets of the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises and key ventures, ensuring alignment with GWSON and university goals and objectives.
• Maintain complete project and venture documentation records and provides periodic status briefings to the Dean.
• Assure the Division of Entrepreneurial Enterprises meets standards and maintain records in accordance with continuing education authorization and accreditation bodies.
• Flexibility to work evening and occasional weekend events, as needed.
• Perform other functions and tasks as assigned by the Dean in support of the GWSON entrepreneurial priorities.
This position will be primarily located at The Virginia Science & Technology Campus (VSTC) in Ashburn, VA. However, there may be frequent travel between the VSTC campus and GW's main Foggy Bottom campus is Washington, DC.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with five years of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in sales, marketing, and/or project management.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate complicated and potentially controversial matters to various constituencies; and experience in writing and editing documents, including complex proposals and justifications.
• "Executive presence" and experience presenting to leadership, preferably in an academic and health care (nursing and physician) setting, and a variety of other constituencies.
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative).
• Strong track record of planning, organizing, and managing concurrent projects, events, and complex activities.
• Ability to effectively work independently, as a member of a team, and under pressure of timelines.
• Leadership skills and ability to effectively work with others at all levels across an organization and beyond.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Department Specific Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006719 Job Open Date: 10/04/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter