Applications & Systems Administrator
This position reports to the Executive Director of Network & Systems Administration with primary responsibility for the creation, operation and administration of application servers and systems in an enterprise environment serving the needs of a higher education institution.
Additional roles will include interfacing with Technical Support and the ticket management system to troubleshoot problems and provide oversight and technical support of selected enterprise applications and end-user processes. Manages the implementation of application servers and software including initial installations, patches, updates and upgrades. Ensures the long term stability and security of the College network, VoIP phone system and assigned enterprise applications. Manages the implementation of network infrastructure servers and services throughout our data centers. Assists in planning the infrastructure resources sufficient to support the growth of applications over their life cycle. Gathers and conveys the knowledge related to the on-going health of enterprise network systems.
Examples of Duties:
- Administration, maintenance and development of mission-critical infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server 2012
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Microsoft DNS and DHCP servers
- Print servers and devices
- Red Hat Linux 5.x - 6.x Enterprise servers
- VMware host servers and VM's
- Conduct installation of new servers and associated applications
- Assist in Cisco VoIP support and maintenance.
- Document and track work within systems and review and update documentation created by others.
- Research methods or offer suggestions for improved system operation and efficiency.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures that affect the operation and use of the campus network.
- Participate and contribute in disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Resolve problems and answer routine questions without direct supervision.
- Manage projects and priorities of service as defined by management.
- Keep management informed of opportunities, problems and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are not limited by the description contained herein.