THRIV Business Manager
Working Title: THRIV Business Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine
Posting Date: 10-04-2017
The University of Virginia seeks candidates for a THRIV Business Manager to perform a combination of grants and contracts job duties including pre-award and post-award management as well as budget and finance analysis and reporting for THRIV. Incumbent will facilitate the proposal submission and award administration process. They are responsible for the processing of proposal or award amendments for THRIV and serve as the primary financial contact for internal and external subcontracts and sponsors. This position will also lead the financial analysis, budget, and reporting initiatives for THRIV; monitor expenditures, and prepare/analyze and report accurate and timely data for the developing institute. The position will also provide expert advice and interpretation for THRIV leadership on financial planning, budget forecast, and complex financial analyses.
An Associate's degree and at least three years of grant and contract experience or related healthcare finance/accounting experience is required. Advanced knowledge of University, state, and federal policies and regulations and the ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards is also required. The qualified candidate will have the ability to synthesize information and provide advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and business managers.
Must have superb organization, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects and meeting external, hard deadlines, is also required. The qualified candidate will also have the advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems and the ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0621846.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of University, state, and federal policies and regulations. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of grants and contracts. Ability to synthesize information and provide advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and business managers.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
5. Advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems. Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
6. Understand the role of research funding in supporting the University's educational mission and strategic aims.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82924