PROGRAM COORD - DUKE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
PROGRAM COORD - DUKE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
This is a limited term, 1 year position.
The Program Coordinator will report to and support the work of the Director of the Duke Futures Program and will work closely with colleagues at the DAA, the Duke Career Center and Career Centers around the Duke campus. This general work will be to assist in the administration of the career functions of Duke Alumni Affairs and will include program management as well as general administrative support.
- Assist in the assessment of alumni career needs including data collection, data entry, interviews with key partners or peer group alumni career staff.
- Manage the alumni job posting system in consultation with the Director. This will include creating new alumni job postings, adding alumni into the job posting network, monitor posting status and creating and editing a newsletter of opportunities for students.
- Manage data related to Duke Futures Program and Career activities for the DAA including: managing data entry of business card collection from all campus career centers so that it accurately appears in DADD; entering alumni activity codes into DADD including speaker interest, student engagement, hiring interests, hiring activity and on campus recruiting activity; Writing and updating contact reports for DADD.
- Monitor alumni careers mailbox providing support to alumni questions and managing appropriate distribution to campus colleagues
- Manage support activities including, scanning alumni data; gathering competitive data, setting up and supporting meetings, managing volunteer stewardship; and responding to alumni inquiries
- Serve as the coordinator for the Alumni Career Services Roundtable including maintaining meeting schedules, producing minutes and following up to career staff across campus
- Provide accurate and prompt responses to the miscellaneous questions that are regularly forwarded to the career inbox Identify career leads and maintain appropriate spreadsheets by reviewing and scanning news clips, reviewing DADD development contact reports
- Maintain regional career related activities spreadsheet
- Run various reports on recruiting the the Career Connections website
- Maintain school benchmarking reports
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance.
Skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
Skills evaluating program performance, summarizing findings, communicating results, and forming an action plan.
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.