Financial Research Analyst
Requisition # 2017-8027
Department Dean of the Graduate School
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Date Posted 1 month ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
The Graduate School is seeking a financial research analyst to support financial initiatives and business processes. This professional will join the Finance and Administration team in the Office of the Dean of the Graduate School, which offers a challenging and supportive work environment. Engaged and dedicated staff members within the office collaborate to improve the educational experience of all graduate students at Princeton. The work itself is extraordinarily rewarding: it is multi-faceted, always evolving, and meaningful.
This is an 18-month term position reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration. This position could also be flexible with part time work schedule of 75% duty time.
This position requires a high level of analytical and technical skills and will work as a member of a project team in the development of a custom-built fellowship reporting system as well as ad hoc analyses.
- Prepare fit-gap analyses, test data, develop reporting requirements, and complete documentation in support of fellowship reporting project.
- Work independently on internal data analysis projects and create management reports that draw upon data from multiple applications and sources. Curate data to ensure accuracy and integrity. Use data visualization software and financial modeling tools to analyze and communicate complex data and information clearly and efficiently to users and senior management.
- Collect and analyze data relating to graduate financial assistance to inform review of existing policies and processes and to support recommendations. Think broadly across office functional units to ensure multiple perspectives on financial support policies and practices. Work collaboratively with administrative and academic departments as necessary. Standardize reporting and document processes.
- Conduct external research including peer benchmarks to support initiatives and proposals. Prepare comparative written and financial analyses.
- Undertake other responsibilities as may arise to ensure timely and accurate payment and reporting of graduate student financial assistance.
- Bachelor degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience reporting quantitative data to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel, including financial modeling skills
- Master's or advance degree preferred
- Two to three years' work experience
- Experience working in a college/university administrative office
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, such as Cognos and Tableau
Please submit a cover letter with your application materials
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
This is an 18-month term position reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.