Survey Party Chief
- Minimum of five years of diverse survey experience required.
- PLS License preferred but not required
- Self starter
- Must be proficient with Leica equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on project sites under all weather.
Examples of Duties
- Participates in a variety of land survey operations such as ALTA, boundary, topography, leveling, design, as-built, and maintaining horizontal and vertical control networks utilizing a full range of survey equipment
- Prepares and verifies mathematical calculations related to surveying and basic engineering; computes and adjusts angles, distances, bearings, traverses, and elevations; interprets and computes field data, and evaluates for accuracy and completeness; maintains accurate survey- and non-survey-related records in the form of field notes, reports, and sketches; maintains vertical and horizontal control notes in files, field book, and computer
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles; prepares field notes and drawings
- AutoCAD experience a must
- Analyzes record data, deeds, and plats for property and boundary control
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
San Clemente, CA
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 12:15:16 PDT