Program Coordinator - SCUP
Program Coordinator - SCUP
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
UVU Prep Program is a tremendous and exciting opportunity to make a difference, to create excitement for education and learning, and to engage with the community. Our SCUP department is looking for a high energy, organized, and creative professional to manage the UVU Prep Program. The successful candidate will plan, coordinate, organize, and oversee all aspects of UVU PREP Program. Program coordination and preparation entails preparing program event timeline, STEM materials, weekly steering committee meetings, annually recruiting 250 students, screening, hiring and supervising over 35 part-time college mentors, engage in community outreach, program scheduling, organizing training for part-time staff, planning 12 emerging technology Friday field trips, coordinating 80 professional career speakers, managing social media, record keeping, parent communication, quarterly e-newsletters, specified information-gathering projects and tasks and special events.
This position also requires traveling to annual out of state trainings.
Work Schedule includes Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Other hours as needed or assigned by the Director.
During the 7 week UVU PREP program, must be able to work 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge, skill and ability with computer programs including Windows, Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Internet, E-mail, and social media.
- Knowledge in event planning and time management.
- Knowledge in program evaluation and policy creation.
- Knowledge in marketing and recruitment basics.
- Skills in public relations, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, including writing a variety of data-driven reports.
- Skills in working with small and large groups.
- Skills in conflict resolution with students, parents, teachers and staff.
- Skills in interpersonal verbal and written communication.
- Skills in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to interview, hire, train, supervise and evaluate instructors, teacher assistant mentors, and program assistant mentors.
- Ability to be highly detailed in work related issues.
- Ability to work independently on a multi-task level.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow-through on program project planning to full completion.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to anticipate departmental and student needs.
- Ability to coordinate small and large groups.
- Ability to work with individuals from multiple authority levels.
- Ability to attend after-hour events and orientations that are essential to the success of the program.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to be self-directed and to complete tasks without supervision. Skills in proofreading/editing program materials.
Bilingual in Spanish and English speaking preferred.
General office environment includes sitting, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, fine hand manipulation, ability to lift 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $31,675 - $39,593
Advertisement Number: ST37417
Open Date: 10/03/2017
Review Start Date: 10/16/2017
Close Date: 10/29/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3626
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.