Sr Digital Project Manager
Sr Digital Project Manager
Requisition Number: STFR004068
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Enrollment Management & Student Affairs (EMSA)/Professional Advancement Network(PAN) team at Northeastern University is seeking a seasoned, driven individual to fill the role of the Senior Digital Project Manager. Reporting into the AVP of Digital Experience, the Sr. Digital Project Manager will advise, consult and guide the project management process for multiple, complex, cross-department web projects. The person in this role will work closely with stakeholders in defining project charters, schedules and budgets and oversee the entire project lifecycle to deliver comprehensive digital solutions. In addition to excelling in scope, time and budget management, the ideal candidate will also have a thorough understanding of all phases of digital development including technical discovery, front end and back end development, (design, UX, content, UI development, engineering and quality assurance).
This position requires confidence, self-discipline, a sense of urgency, and the ability to be innovative, make decisions and take responsibility for them. As a Sr. Digital Project Manager, you will need to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, identify risks and recommend solutions. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results to guide the team to meet project goals and delivery high quality work.
The job demands a factual, direct style of communication and significant self-discipline with attention to detail. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
• 5-7 years of proven project management experience of software development, digital applications, multimedia, or systems integration, demonstrating robust and deep working knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
o Experience in a digital agency a plus.
o Experience in higher education a plus
• A track record of successful and predictable delivery of on-time, to-budget, and to-specification projects
• CSM, PSP-ACP or PMP certification required
• Skilled at articulating how complex projects can be structured into phases and sprints to prioritize speed to market and iterative improvements and feature enhancements
• Knowledge /Qualification in project Methodology Agile
• Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and or the creative development process
• Strong planning skills applied through MS Project or similar
• Demonstrable financial management skills and experience
• Good working knowledge of project contracts and invoice schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Project Management certification desired
• Demonstrated experience creating factual, concise and client-oriented verbal and written communications
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, prioritize, assess and mitigate risk
• Unrelenting focus on quality deliverables throughout project lifecycle (not just the end result)
• Demonstrated experience with managing the delivery of digital projects (both mobile and web).
• Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between clients, engineering teams, management and more.
• Comfortable working with complex mobile & web projects
• Proven decision-making capabilities, particularly in navigating competing or conflicting priorities
• Solid understanding of UX principles and web design (Information architecture, Interaction design, visual design, usability, prototyping, etc.).
• Demonstrate Familiarity with: “Knowledge and application of accessibility factors, per W3C WAI guidelines & specifications (WCAG, WAI - ARIA, etc.), Section 508 requirements and other relevant standards”
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.