Senior Indoor DAS Senior IBWave Engineer
Using sound engineering principles and planning tools, this position supports the RF Engineering team in the design, optimization and implementation of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS).
Essential Job Functions
- Assist RF Engineering team in the design of Indoor and Outdoor (I/O) DAS systems to meet coverage objectives using software planning tools to include site survey and CW drive tests.
- Provide planning, coordination as well as drive testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization.
- Tune propagation models using empirical data.
- Coordinate, oversee or perform system optimization of multi-node I/O DAS systems.
- Work closely with customer personnel regarding system design, performance and optimization.
- Use a variety of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer, and pilot scanner.
- RF and fiber testing, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate and perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades.
- BSEE ; MSEE preferred
- IBwave Level II or Higher
- 4 + years RF engineering experience or equivalent
- Experience in coverage reliability and area availability analysis
- Indoor repeater & DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems)
- Design and optimization
- Outdoor RF macro and DS network design and optimization for different network vendor architecture
- Use of tools: Agilent Scanners -IBWave , Invenx 3G; Dragon CW; transmitters (Acti8x, Wind catcher for CDMA, GSM and UMTS; TEMS investigation and pocket TEMS for SP and UMTS; spectrum analyzer, Anritsu site meter; Link Budget for DAS and Macro RF Networks
- RF fundamentals of communication systems (IS-95, DMA, EVDO, GSM, UMTS and LTE networks
- Familiar with antenna sweep tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others. Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Established in March 2001, Archis Inc., is a professional services company that consults, plans, designs, manages, implements, and maintains Construction & Technology Solutions. We focus on managing and delivering Project & Program Management, Network Infrastructure, Information Technology (IT) and Wireless solutions to clients. Archis have provided custom solutions and built a reputation for being reliable, knowledgeable, and punctual.
Partnering with companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Fortinet, Ring Central, Crown Castle, Dell and others, we provide our clients with cost effective Technology Solutions that are secure, reliable and scalable. Our slogan, One source for your technology solutions is one of the core values of Archis. Our goal is to have our clients contact us for all of their technology related requests; From planning to implementation, our turn-key solutions gives our clients more time to focus on the operations of their business. With a focus of providing Turn-Key solutions, our services portfolio includes Construction Program and Project management services.
We provide our clients with ongoing support, training, planning, and resource staffing in order to use technology to improve their business value. Our managed services (Proactive IT) solutions enables us to monitor our client's networks 24 hours a day and it gives us the ability to be proactive and prevent downtime.
Archis, has provided continuous service to our clients for over 15 years and will continue to provide excellent service to every client. We work diligently to maintain our core values of being resourceful, reliable, knowledgeable, and punctual. We are a strategic partner to our clients.
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 08:06:08 PDT