Our customers send us Requests for Quotations that include detailed technical specifications and commercial Terms & Conditions ranging from 5 pages to a few hundred pages. The estimator will then interpret these specifications to determine the exact parts needed to design the equipment and price the package accordingly. This equipment contains sets of pipes, pumps, valves, gauges, tanks control panels, PLCs, etc. all welded onto a steel skid to serve as a base for transportation and installation. Size can range from 3ft x 3ft to 40ft x 10ft and total system costs can range from $50k to $2M.
- Interpret customer specifications
- Determine the cost of an entire equipment package by pricing individual parts and labor to fabricate
- Interact with customers by phone, email and the rare travel to customer site
- Interact with suppliers by phone, email and personal meetings to our company location
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in business or related field preferred but related job experience also considered
- Technical and analytical mindset
- Previous experience with pumps and piping
- General understanding and/or willingness to learn about different chemicals, liquid flow rates, pressures, viscosities, acids & bases etc.
- Multitask pricing several packages at once
- Basic math skills and understanding of chemicals
- Strong Computer skilss including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Works well with deadlines
Johnson March Systems is a Pennsylvania corporation in business for more than 70 years. With its original focus on industrial applications of Chem-Jet dust suppression systems, the company has grown to be a worldwide leader in custom package systems designed from client's specifications for the Power and Petro-Chemical industries. Systems include Steam & Water Sampling; Tanks and skid mounted pumps & piping systems with instrumentation and controls for chemical injection, Chlorination, ASME Pressure vessels, and many other custom projects. EOE
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:46:17 PDT