Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Admissions
The Center for Accelerated and Professional Studies
Reporting to the office of Enrollment Management this position represents Becker College’s Center for Accelerated & Professional Studies in recruiting students and learning opportunities in and around Worcester. The Center for Accelerated & Professional Studies offers online and face to face courses on an accelerated pace so working professionals can earn their college degrees at night while pursuing their careers during the day.
Major responsibilities include:
- Pre-admission advising to students through transcript evaluation and file review.
- Hosting information sessions, registration and recruitment meetings to prospective students both on and off campus.
- Initiating and conducting off-campus recruitment activities with, including but not limited to, businesses, early childcare providers, human service agencies, local high schools, and community colleges.
- Telemarketing and follow up to prospects, inquiries, applicants, admits, and matriculated learners.
- Managing corporate and organizational relations to increase enrollment and department goals.
- Facilitating file completion prior to class start dates.
- Completing recruitment projects and reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills required. Applicants must be energetic, out-going and team oriented. An ability to set and achieve goals and work independently is essential. Prior experience in lead generation/recruitment in higher education is desirable. A bachelor’s degree and proven outside sales/marketing experience is preferred. Evening and some weekend work is required. Local in-state travel is required.
Qualified Candidates please send Resume, cover letter and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org