Assistant Property Manager
- Works closely with Property Manager in learning all aspects of management, including administrative and financial duties.
- Oversees financial responsibilities such as collecting rent and making deposits.
- Serves as customer service representative.
- Works with Property Manager in developing integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism if the organization.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis.
- Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Collects all rent payments from both current and previous residents.
- Makes daily community deposits in regards to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Assists in the processing, monitoring and recording of purchase order invoices into Budget Control Log.
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity in regards to non-payment of rent, or eviction proceedings.
- Maintains general working knowledge of state laws in regards to the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Inputs daily resident information from walk-in traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc.
- Assists Property Manager in ensuring that all leases and addenda are completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Maintains all current and previous resident files.
- Supports overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, rate increases, etc.
- Assists in various leasing activities as required.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Assists Property Manager with renewals of existing residents.
- Represents company in a professional manner at all times.
- Assists overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offers recommendations.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities and management of the property in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident functions and activities.
- Assists in creating monthly newsletter.
- Attends and participates in training classes and seminars as requested.
- Maintains open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Founded in 1998, Benchmark is ingrained in the Florida real estate market providing a broad range of services to a diverse group of clients. Since our inception, Benchmark has focused on one true mission; to lead the market to higher standards by providing our clients the very best services available. With decades of experience in management, leasing, sales, development and consulting throughout the single family, multifamily, student housing, commercial and community association markets, Benchmark truly is a multifaceted company with a global outlook on today's markets. Building strong, lasting, synergistic relationships is key to our company and our client's success.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 16:24:59 PDT