Trade Show Project Manager
Are you a wizard at shepherding cross-functional team members to execute against your finely-orchestrated project plan? Want to use your excellent communication and motivational skills to manage the delivery of world-class creative solutions? If so, read on and apply.
Group Delphi, the experience creation shop, produces immersive, thrilling experiences for audiences everywhere (from pop ups to museums and beyond). As makers of wonder, awe, and connection, Delphi has been a recognized innovator for over twenty-five years in the experiential marketing space. Our client roster includes Apple, Nike, Pixar, Virgin, Medtronic, VMware, and many more. Our award-winning team of filmmakers, artists, videographers, builders, designers, producers and managers is truly world class. We're 200 strong, we're growing fast-and we need you.
You will direct projects from pre-contract, to launch and through completion by leading team members to ensure project success. Essential responsibilities include:
• Drive pre-production planning, including advising on project scope, budget, materials, and schedule. Gather input from appropriate team members such as Audio-Visual (AV), Designers, Account team and Estimators. Conduct site surveys if required. Clearly communicate expectations for team members
• Post-contract, prepare and communicate the detailed project schedule. Be the primary point of internal and external communication; externally manage the Client (e.g., Museum, Company, Agency or Designer) and internally all department heads and assigned personnel. Travel to site as necessary
• Run internal kick-off meeting and subsequent update meetings. Keep project plan and Work Orders fully up-to-date. Work with Production Manager to schedule resources (people, space and materials)
• Manage and approve all internal Purchase Requisitions as well as sign off for Customer Change Orders
• Review and ensure accuracy and appropriate detail in material arrival, Graphics and AV requirements, Detail Drawings (design) and shipping/delivery content and timing. Coordinate ongoing production and logistics support as it relates to the installation and completion of elements. Direct Logistics, Graphics, Builders, Shipping, Installation and other departments as needed to effectively prioritize timelines, budget and overall project success
• Maintain focus on primary goal of ensuring projects are on time, within budget, to quality expected and meeting customer expectations. Utilize tools such as Project Labor Reports to monitor progress and take corrective action. Steer the project to motivate a successful team effort
• Assist in close out and final billing discussions. Initiate a post-project review with all appropriate personnel to identify issues, systems, and communication links that were successful or in need of improvement
Desired Skills and Experience
• Five years minimum experience in the exhibit, construction, trade show or theatrical environment
• Undergraduate degree in related fields (Architecture, Industrial Design, Technical Direction, Stage Management Exhibit Design, Project Management, etc) or accredited PMP credential with two years of experience
• Some level of training or continuing education class work related to the Project Management field
• Thorough understanding of museum and/or environment exhibit production and refurbishment methods
• Experience in the estimation, cost analysis and management of projects (this is NOT a software project management position)
• Knowledge in scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Fastrack
• Knowledge of typical Office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to anticipate issues, identifying future choke points and working ahead of time to alleviate potential issues
• Ability to set example in taking full responsibility and accountability for project successes and/or failures. Ability to identify and escalate needed departmental improvements, not only in work processes, but also relating to cross department or facility interaction
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
• Ability to travel
• Highly developed interpersonal skills-communication and motivation of the team is critical to success. Ability to successfully work with team members, communicating and motivating others to complete each project on time and on budget
• Adaptable to shifting priorities and steadfast at anticipating any roadblocks. Ability to conform to shifting demands, and timelines, through analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Desire to have fun in your job and gel with our core values
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- An unconventional "office" with a killer view (Vintage hangar? Uh-huh. Right on the Bay? Yep. Charm for miles? Hey, it's Alameda.)
- A creative, innovative, positive culture
- Meaningful career development
Group Delphi is the award-winning experiential creation shop. We make thrilling, immersive experiences across events, exhibits, environments and retail -- we even do museums.
But what truly separates us from the rest, and what we have become known for, is the combination of our creative DNA, our wildly eclectic team, and a reputation for insanely great service. This means not just exceeding our customers' expectations but exceeding the expectations they didn't even know they should have. We are their ultimate advocates and true partners in marketing, personally responsible for their success in connecting with their customers. We are their eyes, ears, hands, feet, heart and soul. We are indispensable to them in their work. We take the same approach in working with each other.
This is driven by three principles: innovation, creativity and passion. As innovators we are relentless in the pursuit of disruptive ideas, providing solutions and services that our customers could not have imagined possible. We believe that creativity drives value, not just in design but also in all aspects of the business it's a way of thinking, a way of approaching projects that defies the status quo. Whether design, fabrication, production, logistics, management -- it is the driving force, providing the best results for the best value. And we are passionate -- that ultra-human motivation to excel in what we do and love doing it.
We are designers, producers, managers, artists and crafts people joined by a passion for creative solutions. We have that "show must go on," "can do" attitude that pushes the limits to get our clients the best results possible. We ask a lot of questions to uncover our customers' needs. We then figure out the best solutions through digital content, theater arts and design and deliver magical results through superhero-like production, execution, program management and insanely great service. We are makers of wonder, awe, and connection.
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 14:23:05 PDT