Senior Project Engineer
Job Summary: Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, regulatory testing, operation, application, installation and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- Interacts with internal customers (Sales, Marketing, R+D, Directors and Ownership) to review design intent and determine viability of projects and propose cost effective product solutions.
- Coordinates and manages new product introductions, from concept to production.
- Identifies and facilitates process improvements within Advanced Product Development team.
- Provides mentorship of entry level Project Engineers within group.
- Proficient in design and manufacturability of various mediums (plastic, metal, etc.).
- Plans and directs personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Designs products and systems to interface with machines, hardware, and software.
- Provide support to manufacturing by evaluating equipment and processes.
- Must be able to interface with customers, vendors, and manufacturing personnel in a dynamic environment.
- Support corporate objectives related to patents, trademarks and marketing needs.
Skills Required/Experience Requirements:
- 10 years of experience in engineering or product development.
- Mechanical and electrical product design
- Proven experience in executing new product launch
- Product development and refinement
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling (ProE/Creo preferred)
- Project management
- Customer interaction and communication skills
- Product manufacturing experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technologies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be regularly required to talk or listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, crawl and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations. Prolonged sitting, typing and lifting up to 20 pounds.
BYRNE ELECTRICAL SPECIALISTS is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1970, Byrne Electrical Specialists has been a leader in the industry and the community for nearly 40 years. Byrne's knowledgeable staff delivers world-class customer service and the fastest lead times in the industry. From great thinking to great solutions, Byrne is one of the most trusted names in power and data distribution technologies.
At Byrne Electrical Specialists, Inc. we strive to be exactly that; specialists.This means more than just being an expert, it demands flexibility and innovation. We pride ourselves on our dedication to innovative thinking, collecting over 100 patents in our nearly forty years. We consider ourselves flexible due to the extensive capabilities we offer from our team and facilities, taking ideas all the way from design to production. As a specialist, we provide a contingent solution, turning your problem into an opportunity.
Grand Rapids, MI
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 05:22:40 PDT