Director - Sponsored Programs
Director - Sponsored Programs
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Work at a place with great people, that have a great passion and purpose to promote student success. The Director is responsible for the operational management of the Office of Sponsored Programs to support the institutional imperative to secure resources in support of the university. Supervises pre and post-award staffing responsibilities. Responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating a central grant and contract compliance and service program for all departments across campus who receive funding from sponsored program sources. The Director is personally responsible to manage all post-award service activities.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline plus three years of staff level experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of government granting, contracting, and administration practices and procedures, legal compliance, federal grant & contract policy including Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance, state and private foundation funding practices and procedures, and ethical constraints related to grant and contract management.
- Knowledge of accounting practices at a university.
- Knowledge of computer database management systems, accounting software, and grant administration tools.
- Experience working with post-award grant and contract management required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong supervision and personnel management skills.
- Strong budget analysis and account management skills. Skills in developing, planning, implementing, and reporting short and long-range goals and accomplishments.
- Strong aptitude with standard office productivity software which include MS Office programs.
- Exceptional ability to analyze information, plan strategically and make reliable projections.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and collaborating organizations in a diverse community.
- Ability to write, evaluate, and establish procedures for effective sponsored program post-award administration at an institution of higher education.
- Ability to conduct a program audit internal and external departments and organizations in the use of government and private funding from grants, contracts, and sub-award contracts.
- Ability to direct and supervise staff in grant and contract development, evaluation, improvement measures, and reporting activities.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Light physical effort; requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 lbs or some standing and/or walking.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $58,043 - $77,390
Advertisement Number: ST37717
Open Date: 10/03/2017
Review Start Date: 10/22/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3596
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.