Data Integrity Specialist
The Data Integrity Specialist maintains data, ensures proper use of data, supports effective divisional reporting for University Advancement and helps to maintain continuous data integrity improvements.
- Provides regular data maintenance and data augmentation including loading, adjusting and maintaining accurate data in the Alumni and Donor database areas including data acquisition, managing global changes, managing data imports and exports to vendors. Manages and runs existing ERP processes to add and maintain alumni and donor data.
- Manages adhoc reporting requests and provides training, administration, and support for self-services reporting services and tools.
- Enforce policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the alumni/donor Database and the quality of the mailing lists and reports that are delivered to customers.
- Conducts all global changes and/or data imports to maintain data, and periodically eliminates obsolete data.
- Provides adhoc reporting to internal and external customers and suggests and makes minor changes to reports with assistance from the IT Team.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, and external vendors.
- Monitors maturity model for data integrity to provide constant improvement initiatives for the improvement of data quality.
- Provides support and problem resolution of adhoc reports and self-service tools.
- Provides demonstrations and training to end users of adhoc reports and self-service tools.
- Tracks tasks and progress using task management tools.
- Maintain current understanding of client business processes and functions as it relates to adhoc reporting.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in a related field. Experience working with a variety of customers in a professional office environment. Experience working with computer software including Microsoft Office products. Proven ability to work with business data and mailing/communication data. Experience managing a medium to large task list and meeting deadlines. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients, and with clients and staff at all organizational levels. Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, and suggestions.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.