Director, Bandy Heritage Center
Dalton State College invites applications for the Bandy Heritage Center Director position. Dalton State College is an undergraduate institution in the University System of Georgia with more than 5,000 students, offering both baccalaureate and two-year degree programs. The College is nestled in the picturesque foothills of Northwest Georgia with easy access to the metropolitan areas of Chattanooga, Nashville, and Atlanta. An emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, Dalton State is developing as a leader in undergraduate education with winning athletic teams and new student housing as well as strong academic programs.
The Bandy Center was established to preserve and showcase northwest Georgia’s history. It is a place where historians can meet and do research and collaborate with historical societies throughout North Georgia. The Bandy Center provides a forum for public outreach programming including exhibits, lectures, conferences, and seminars for the general public as well as for professional historians. The position of Director is funded in part through an endowment that supports the B.J. and Dicksie Bandy Chair in History, whose duties are to teach, to perform community outreach, and to encourage and facilitate scholarship focused on the region’s past.
•Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of personnel.
•Develops, monitors, and controls annual budgets.
•Develops and implements policies and procedures.
•Initiates, curates, designs, and manages exhibits.
•Initiates, directs, and oversees the Bandy Heritage Center’s cultural, educational, and public programming.
•Organizes, manages, and develops the physical artifact and archival collection.
•Serves as liaison between the Bandy Heritage Center, Dalton State College, and the community.
•Collaborates with college and community organizations to create partnerships that foster goals and initiatives.
•Identifies and cultivates relationships with potential foundation, corporate, and individual donors; researches grant opportunities.
•Initiates, directs, and oversees the Bandy Heritage Center’s website and social media assets.
•Directs public relations and marketing initiatives to increase public awareness of the Bandy Heritage Center.
•Develops and teaches undergraduate courses in areas of expertise.
•Conducts researches and presents or publishes results.
Knowledge of museum or cultural/heritage site management principles.
• Knowledge of collection development principles.
• Knowledge of exhibit development principles.
• Knowledge of program development principles.
• Knowledge of budget and personnel management principles.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field from a regionally accredited institution required.
• Several years of related experience required.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
For information and application instructions, please visit https://careers.daltonstate.edu/postings/1688