Job Title: Equipment Technician
Job ID: 24284
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 7021, Range 1
Department: Aviation and Technology
Reporting to the Chair of the Aviation & Technology Department, the Equipment Technician is responsible for fabricating custom wood/metal/plastic hardware for teaching, research, and student projects, specifically in the Aviation & Technology Department, and the College of Engineering generally. In addition, the Equipment Technician maintains the inventory of raw materials and tools, and maintains specialized equipment for the Aviation and Technology Department. The Equipment Technician must know best practices and support lab and building safety protocols. The Equipment Technician acts as an expert resource for other technicians in the college, as well as a resource for faculty, staff, and students, as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Recommends, designs, and makes parts for student projects and faculty laboratory development.
- Designs using MasterCam or similar CAD/CAM software.
- Fabrication using manual and/ or CNC equipment.
- Safely and properly uses welding, woodworking, manual mills and lathes, hand tools, CNC machinery, and other technical equipment.
- Troubleshoots and develops plans, methods, and techniques for analyzing the location and extent of malfunction.
- Installs, operates, manages, and maintains manual CNC metal and woodworking equipment, flight simulators and related equipment, and CIM lab equipment.
- Specifies, orders, and replaces equipment and parts as needed.
- Organizes and maintains tools, equipment accessories, supplies, and materials for department.
- Identifies, stores, and disposes of hazardous materials for department.
- Instructs and trains students in proper use of flight simulators, CNC machinery, manual machinery, electronics, and laboratory equipment.
- Manages the Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Laboratory, instructing and training students on the use of computers to control the production process.
- Manages the Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory, instructing and training students on the use of complex manufacturing equipment.
- Manages and maintains SJSU hangar and classroom facilities at the Reid-Hillview Airport.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24284.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.