Structural Engineer - Entry Level
We are currently looking for an entry level structural engineer. Qualified job applicants must possess:
- Bachelor's or Masters of Engineering. Emphasis in Structures.
- 0-3 years experience in structural engineering or construction related field
- Contract Administration experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with AutoCad
- Strong Communication skills a must
- Proficiency with RISA 3D a plus.
Duties of this position will include but not be limited to :
- Assisting Principals and Project Managers with design and release of Construction Documents. Including design of concrete, wood and steel members.
- Field inspections including new construction, fire damage, settlement investigation, structural damage
- Working closely with contractors and architects to see construction of structural elements is done correctly and timely.
- Review of shop drawings for projects ranging from single story residential to high-rise commercial
- Researching code related information applicable to projects at hand. Research will include that done in ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC Steel Manual, Florida Building Code and may include other codes or references.
Snell Engineering Consultants has been designing structures in the Southeast U.S. for more than two decades. Founded in 1993, SEC has been engineering and inspecting the most exciting projects around. Since inception, SEC has provided a diverse range of services to our clients including full structural design, expert witness, value engineering and specialty engineering services. Utilizing the latest design technology as well as being staffed by a capable team, SEC is poised to continue work on high-rise, commercial, educational and institutional projects for decades to come. For additional information visit snellengineering.com.
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 10:42:15 PDT