Library Technical ParaProfessional I - Kennesaw Campus - Graduate Library
Entry-level position that performs basic library-related tasks. Duties may include check-out functions at the circulation desk, receiving and processing library materials in the acquisitions unit, basic copy cataloging of monographs, and assisting with collection management routines (e.g. shelving, and book repair).
Under the supervision of the Director of the Graduate Library, the incumbent is primarily working as part of a team to provide excellence in Library services including assisting with the support of library services to graduate students and the work of the Digital Commons. The effective organization and management of the Graduate Library of the Sturgis Library is critical for student learning success, student retention, and student graduation.
Graduate Library support (90%)
• Collect and collate monthly and annual statistics from various tools to document instruction and research assistance to graduate students and faculty
• Collaborate with Assessment Librarian in collecting statistical information
• Support the Graduate Library and Digital Commons team by assisting with meeting agendas, minutes, room reservations, posting of information, and organization of library intranet and shared computer drives
• Assist Graduate Library staff with routine maintenance of Libguides including copy editing, updating hyperlinks, updating new book resources, etc.
• Create lists of new book titles with embedded hyperlinks
• Work with graduate librarians to set up database alerts and retrieve full text documents
• Assist in the creation of materials, schedules, documents and policies for the Graduate Library
• Assist Graduate Library staff with compliance issues related to accessibility of Libguides
• Assist Graduate Library team members with scheduling, advertising and coordinating library instruction classes, workshops, conferences, and special events.
• Assist Graduate Librarians with weeding and collection maintenance projects
• Create physical and virtual displays to highlight new additions to the library collections
• Assist with the curating of content for tutorials and other educational materials
• Assist with the codification of policies and procedures for the Graduate Library and Digital Commons.
• Participate in library committees as assigned
• Primary location is Kennesaw campus but may work on the Marietta campus occasionally (up to one day per week)
Support Functions (10%)
• Facilitate the work of others
• Assist with occasional special events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Serve on Library Committees
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
High School diploma or GED; working knowledge of basic computer equipment, software (e.g. MS Windows), and general internet applications.
- Knowledge / work experience with standard library principles, procedures, materials, services, and practices.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and established procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with filing and record keeping.
- Ability to effectively interact with patrons and co-workers.
- Ability to establish procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with others, including library faculty and staff as well as university faculty and staff.
- Ability to perform work that requires detail and accuracy.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computer equipment, photocopies, scanners, fax, and other peripheral devices used by computer based library systems.
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university.
- Two years of library experience, especially academic.