Description of Position
Using a variety of counseling techniques and strategies, to provide academic, career, and personal counseling services, and teach counseling/career courses.
San Ramon Campus
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling; OR
2. Bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR
3. A valid lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time counseling; OR
4. The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications because of equivalent educational or professional background, please complete and upload the equivalency form. The completed form can be uploaded in the attachment section of the application.
1. Excellent presentation, facilitation, and instructional skills
2. Demonstrated understanding of needs of immigrant, international, and undocumented student populations
3. Demonstrated ability to provide counseling services in ways appropriate to the diverse backgrounds, cultures, and learning styles of community college students.
4. Commitment to professional growth and development and to continued innovation and improvement of counseling/ teaching.
5. Demonstrated excellence of preparation in the subject area and knowledge of diverse counseling strategies.
6. Verifiable experience teaching career planning, college orientation, college success, or other courses and workshops to English language learners.
7. Experience providing academic, career, and personal counseling at a community college.
8. Verifiable experience collaborating with instructional faculty for outreach, curriculum, and student support services for project development.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.