Job Title Program Assistant
The Program Assistant oversees the operations of the main reception desk of the assigned residence hall. Coordinates mail and package delivery, maintains the key inventory system, and supervises student assistants assigned to work at the front desk.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of office support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience with housing and/or residential life at a higher education setting.
Experience with Banner and Resident Management System (RMS).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner and Resident Management System (RMS).
Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) applications.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to contribute to team effort, operate independently, take initiative, follow-through, problem solve, and make logical decisions.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Salary Range $12.93 - $$14.82 per hour ($27,000 - $31,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Oversees the operations of the main reception desk of the assigned residence hall. Greets visitors and Interacts with current and prospective residents.
•Screens and promptly responds to department calls and email inquiries.
•Responsible for the appearance and organization of reception desk and lobby areas. Orders office supplies and coordinates maintenance of the copier and fax equipment.
•Coordinates and provides housing tours to prospective students and university guests. Disseminates information regarding the Office of Housing and Residence Life (OHRL).
•Trains, supervises, and evaluates part-time student employees.
•Interprets and provides guidance on applicable institutional, divisional, and departmental policies and procedures to students, prospective students, and office staff.
•Coordinates room reservations for common spaces through the Resource 25 scheduling software in accordance with university policies and procedures.
•Develops and maintains accurate key inventory system. Monitors the issuance of spare and replacement keys (lost, stolen, or damaged). Collaborates with the maintenance mechanic to make replacement keys.
•Assesses appropriate fees to resident accounts and sends appropriate correspondence. Signs out swipe keys and resolves swiping issues. Monitors and logs the issuance of the building master keys.
•Coordinates the assignment of mailboxes and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail, packages, and other deliveries. Maintains accurate mailbox rosters and performs minor maintenance repairs on mailboxes.
•Follows up on missing packages. Maintains and adheres to mail forwarding and return to sender protocols.
•Assists with student check-in/check-out procedures, room transfer requests, consolidation, and room lottery.
•Creates and stores student files and records in accordance with applicable record retention guidelines.
•Responsible for a variety of administrative duties such as preparing documents, making photocopies, and posting approved promotional or informational materials in the lobby and community rooms.
•Schedules the use and maintenance of golf carts.
•Attends staff meetings.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS329P
Open Date 10/03/2017
Close Date 10/17/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four or more years of office support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214