CSTEP Nursing Group Facilitator
Purpose/role of position within organization: Support and assist CSTEP Coordinator with meeting the goals of the CSTEP program.
Duties and responsibilities: The CSTEP Nursing Group Facilitator works closely with the CSTEP Coordinator, CSTEP Recruitment, Retention and Student Success Assistant to meet program student needs and assess the extent of services needed. Work closely with student in providing tutoring in Nursing courses.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist CSTEP/LSAMP students in the development of basic skills for Nursing courses and assist students to improve their level of achievement in upper level courses
- Facilitate TEAS and NCLEX review sessions
- Maintain records of study group sessions
- Inform Coordinator of student progress
- Facilitate student success workshops for Nursing students
- Cooperate with faculty in maintaining coherence between material presented in class and in study sessions
Rate of Pay: 23.00 Hourly rate based on DUE Contract for professional tutor, with annual increases available based on performance evaluation and performing duties and responsibilities of the position independently with efficiency and high degree of quality.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required in nursing or related field
- Ability to work with students, faculty and staff effectively
- Experience working with diverse populations and able to implement various teaching methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills; as it relates to effectively instructing students
- Available up to 10 hours per week between the hours 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday, and possibly evenings or Saturday hours during the semester and time between semesters
Conditions of Employment: This is a temporary part-time position pending grant funding. Up to 10 hours per week during Fall and Spring Semesters, Summer sessions and as needed during non-semester weeks. Some events will require evening and/or weekend hours.
Length of Employment: Contractual based on semester scheduling, with possible extensions through summer sessions.
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).
Posted 10/3/17- open until filled