Student Records Assistant
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Using appropriate software, assists in managing and maintaining student academic records
• Assists with training and documentation for online records functions for students, faculty and staff
• Maintains compliance with FERPA and other established record release procedures
• Assists with the collection and maintenance of course offerings
• Assists with documenting scheduling processes and producing reports
• Assists with Registrar's Office phone, mail and email correspondence
• Assist with the registration process for students
• Assists with implementation of new functions/processes in the Office of the Registrar
• Assists with room allocations and processing course schedules
• Coordinate and schedule freshman quizzes and final exams
• Assists with freshman scheduling
• Other duties as delegated
• Bachelor's degree required
• High-level of technical competency required
• Team focused and pleasant demeanor required
• Experience with course scheduling or space allocation strongly preferred
• Experience with a student information system required
• Prior experience in Higher Education preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities
Strong computer software skills; ability to work independently on multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy; ability to work as part of a team; strong organizational and interpersonal skills; extreme attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are a plus.
Office of the Registrar
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police