Contract & Grants Analyst
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Contract & Grants Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: BNPPS Administration
Date Posted: 10/03/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Financial Operations Manager, provide high level administrative and technical support for contract and grant application process and post award fund administration for assigned Principle Investigators within the departments of Biochemistry, Microbiology & Plant Pathology and Nematology. Will be responsible for proposals and awards of diverse scope where analysis of data requires thorough understanding of complex regulations. Perform high-level budget/resource analyses and prepare monthly financial reports for principal investigators utilizing campus financial systems. Track and reconcile expenses for extramural and other fund sources maintaining fiscal integrity and internal controls. Applies professional concepts to provide projections and analyze spending and proactively resolves issues.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of UC Systemwide and campus Contracts and Grants policies and procedures.
Knowledge of UC Policies and procedures and on-line campus financial systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview