Payroll Reconciliation Accountant - State Retirement
Logo Posting Number STA00352PO17 Classification Title Accountant/Fiscal Analyst III Internal Title Payroll Reconciliation Accountant - State Retirement Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Division of Administration and Finance Department Payroll Band 6 Advertised Minimum Salary $48,572 Advertised Salary Range $48,572-$55,000 Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pmType of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Fiscal Accounting
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
• Prepare monthly retirement account reconciliations for the payroll liability accounts associated with SCRS, PORS, and multiple ORP accounts. Identify and research reconciling items and propose adjusting journal entries as required.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations for approximately 25 other miscellaneous payroll liability accounts. Identify and research reconciling items and propose adjusting journal entries as required.
• Assist the Payroll Accounting Manager with compiling accounting data associated with payroll related expenses required for fiscal year-end financial reporting purposes.
• Support the payroll accounting team, as needed, with the account reconciliations assigned to the Payroll Reconciliation Accountant for Health and Insurance Benefits.
• Coordinate frequently with the Payroll Operations team on actions, communications, and processes that will maintain timely and up to date account reconciliations.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 6 years professional accounting experience.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with Oracle's PeopleSoft HCM Suite or other ERP payroll systems.
Experience with Oracle's PeopleSoft Finance application or other ERP Finance general ledger system. Knowledge of MicroSoft Office Excel and Word, Access, and PowerPoint. Additional knowledge of database management is preferred. Higher Education experience preferred. CPA preferred
Must have a strong understanding of general accounting principles and practices, as well as payroll accounting principles and practices. Must have advanced skills in Excel, including the ability to use V lookups and pivot tables easily and proficiently. Must have strong understanding of the State of SC's retirement system or be able to learn the system quickly. Must have strong skills in mathematical computations. Must be able to analyze and interpret a significant amount of data in complex scenarios and apply procedures in accordance with regulatory guidance. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date 11/01/2017 If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 10/03/2017 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/19388 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have at least a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 6 years professional accounting experience?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information