Healthcare Program Director, CIC
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, CARE Innovation Center (CIC)
Healthcare Program Director, CIC (Health Care Program Director)
Position #740072 - Requisition 11333
The Department of Emergency Medicine, CARE Innovation Center (CIC) has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Healthcare Program Director, CIC position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university's teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines.
Program Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a program or function, including the Development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. These positions typically do not supervise others.
The Healthcare Program Director for the CARE Innovation Center (CIC) is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing projects and teams, as well as ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures of UCHealth and UCDenver. This individual will manage and oversee project implementation to achieve project goals while controlling risks, conflicts, timelines and costs. The Program Director will provide support, short and long term planning, program implementation, reporting and coordination of integration efforts and will work hand-in-hand with the CARE Innovation executive leadership to provide end-to-end management of key developments.
- Work hand-in-hand with the CARE Innovation executive leadership to provide end-to-end management of key developments.
- Participate in on-going creative brainstorming, idea generation and trend gathering opportunities.
- Create executive-level presentations, design outcomes, documents, spreadsheets, etc. to inform senior and executive leadership teams in decision making process.
- Work closely with the CARE Innovation Center executive leadership team to engage stakeholders through motivating the project team, driving the agenda, participating in decision making, gaining approvals, assigning responsibilities / directing people, and escalating challenges.
- Work closely with the CARE Innovation Center executive leadership team to develop project plans for new innovation. This includes defining the problem/opportunity and the scope, objectives, deliverables, risks, strategies, timeline, budget, resources required, project team requirements, tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage the financial operations of the CARE Innovation Center.
- Develop and implement strategic financial objectives that will promote the growth and advancement of the CARE Innovation Center, while also ensuring compliance with University, UCHealth, CU Medicine and State guidelines.
- Responsible for budget preparation, construction, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, and process improvement within the scope of budget and finance.
- Manage all accounting and financial transactions, including but not limited to: Purchase Orders, Payment Vouchers, IN's and Reimbursement requests for the CARE Innovation Center.
- Prepare regular financial reporting for executive leadership.
- Build strong personal relationships to advance partnerships.
- Communicate to key stakeholders, including Executive Leadership and Senior Management and other cross-functional team members from UCHealth and the University of Colorado | School of Medicine by producing and circulating minutes and conveying project status.
- Manage and own overall timelines; manage workflows and scope.
- Guide strategic initiatives among business teams and operating groups, defining performance and goal execution.
- Assess new integration processes to enable business success; recommend prioritization of projects and the project portfolio as they relate to new and existing projects.
- Maintain records of all master agreements, operational business documents and system integration processes as requested/needed by Executive Vice Chair.
- Conduct needs assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and sustainment of change to meet organizational business objectives.
- Manage and oversee process initiatives including, but not limited to process mapping, process design/re-design, and process improvement.
- Provide assistance in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures, as needed.
- Educate personnel and other relevant constituencies on all relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
- Direct activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, vision, values and objectives of CARE Innovation Center.
- Assist in development and implementation of CARE Innovation Center goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Assist in evaluation of CARE Innovation Center operations, including information technologies, service level determination and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Lead a team of Project Managers and Coordinators to advance strategic initiatives identified by executive leadership team.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, healthcare administration, communications, or other related field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Experience with policy creation, administration and execution.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, healthcare administration, communications, or other related field.
- Lean and project management experience.
- Experience working with Project Management tools.
- Previous higher education experience.
- Change management and facilitation skills certification.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of hospital and clinic clinical processes, and healthcare privacy regulations.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and ability to optimize efforts through collaboration and partnerships.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to change.
- Change management, partnering and customer service skills.
- Deep understanding of how to lead teams distributed across multiple departments and organizations, manage action items and expectations.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, develop, and manage partnerships.
- Ability to lead meetings with senior administrative leaders and build strong personal relationships to advance partnerships.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 11/10/17. Those who do not apply by 11/10/17 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Oct 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00740072