Executive Assistant, Feliciano School of Business Deans Office [Temporary/Per-Diem]
Posting Date October 3, 2017
Position Title Executive Assistant, Feliciano School of Business Deans Office [Temporary/Per-Diem]
Vacancy # TEMP#100217
Department Academic Affairs
Program Feliciano School of Business
Division Academic Affairs
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Feliciano School of Business. Primary support will be provided to the Dean and Vice Dean with additional administrative support to the Dean's office staff. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the school's advisory board, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and manages special projects. The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executives.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven. The ideal individual possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be a resourceful team-player who is able to work effectively and independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure while discretely handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters.
Qualifications & Requirements
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive support services to the Dean's office that helps provide visitors and callers with a responsive and effective experience of the office as a whole.
- Manages processes for Faculty personnel actions, Department Chair elections and mid-term assignments, new faculty hires, summer compensation for eligible faculty, Dean's list letters, school committee elections, NJCBAAHS (NJ Collegiate Business Administration Association Honor Society), Beta Gamma Sigma, etc.
- Works in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings including, but not limited to, individual and group appointments, Advisory Board meetings, committee meetings, project teams, etc.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Dean, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management: prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Handles all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism.
- Prepares for meetings including managing meeting logistics, producing materials for internal and external meetings and conferences, taking notes and distributing meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Dean's office and internal departments; maintaining credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Assists with recruitment efforts, new hire orientations, and on-boarding.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and coworkers. Includes the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Maintains faculty/staff directories, databases, adjunct faculty documentation, and departmental graduate assistant information.
- Provides complex travel arrangements, tracks expenses, processes and submits reimbursement documents.
- Creates and manages purchase requisitions and foundation payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting Executives, preferably in higher education;
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to: email@example.com
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION