Corporate Outreach Manager
The Interdisciplinary Telecom Program is now accepting applications for a Corporate Outreach Manager. The Corporate Outreach Manager will serve as the principal contact between businesses, government and non-profit entities for all phases of interaction and engagement with the Interdisciplinary Telecom Program (ITP) of the College of Engineering and Applied Science. The position will proactively develop industry interaction in ITP Capstone projects, facilitate networking relationships between industry representatives and students, foster corporate and agency sponsorships for ITP laboratory and research efforts, develop and grow external corporate engagement, communicate and collaborate with ITP Industry Advisory Boards and the Engineering Advancement Corporate and Foundation Relations team to secure support from external corporate sources, develop a structured internship program that is integrated with the ITP education tracks, and plan and manage special industry events and communications (e.g. industry employment recruitment efforts, hackathons, capstone presentations, etc.). This position also implements marketing strategies designed to attract new graduate student applications and enrollments in the program.
Who we are:
The Interdisciplinary Telecom Program (ITP) is a graduate program offering PhD and MS degrees to students pursuing a career in the telecommunications field. ITP is a self-funded unit within the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder. The mission of ITP is to provide high-quality "hands-on" graduate education that is interdisciplinary in nature with technical, economic, business and policy components. ITP has an annual budget of approximately $3-million and admits about 80 graduate students per year.
What your key responsibilities will be:
IAG Corporate Outreach Management
- Identify and develop opportunities for new industry-sponsored ITP research, fellowships or education programs associated with ITP education tracks.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for equipment and software donations by industry to support research and education roles of ITP labs.
- Develop external support for ITP Capstone projects by identifying advising opportunities for industry in ITP Capstone projects, developing and implementing a sponsorship model for industry participation in projects, and developing effective methods for communicating ITP project results to relevant companies.
- Assist ITP in establishing Industry Advisory Groups (IAGs) for each education track by identifying and communicating IAG objectives and benefits to companies based up on individual knowledge and contacts, research, contacts furnished by ITP faculty, and contacts furnished by CEAS Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Serve as principal point of contact with IAG members to ensure timely and complete follow-up on requests for information from ITP and ITP faculty.
- Develop and implement sponsorship model for industry participation in IAGs. Plan and organize program for IAG members to recruit and hire ITP students for summer internships.
- Plan and organize IAG meetings and events, including visits of members to campus. Grow industry interaction and participation in ITP.
- Ensure consistent and complete communications with IAG members regarding ITP announcements and developments.
- Work with ITP faculty to plan and manage research workshops with industry participation, seminar opportunities, and industry participation in student events (e.g. hackathons and field trip opportunities).
- Support other industry outreach activities as identified by the ITP Director and Assistant Director.
Marketing and Communications
- Identify, develop and review new content for the ITP website to support the ITP marketing plans and other initiatives, and work with the College Marketing and Communications team to ensure that website content is accurate and kept up to date.
- Identify and engage campus and college resources to implement and manage campaigns to achieve ITP marketing program objectives. This is in collaboration with the College Marketing and Communications team.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement ITP marketing efforts to attract a greater diversity of student applications to the ITP master's and PhD programs as well as greater visibility of the program for potential industry partners.
- Coordinate and engage ITP faculty and staff in the ITP marketing program.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you should know:
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $60,000.00, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Three or more years of work experience in business relations, technical marketing, communications and/or related areas, with a proven track record of success.
- The willingness and ability to travel and work on evenings and weekends.
What you will need:
- Exceptionally strong leadership and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including high level of comfort presenting to senior management.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills.
- Proficient project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented with strong ability to understand constituent needs and lead teams toward a common goal.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
- Demonstrated marketing management skills and the ability to work effectively with decision-makers across all levels within an organization.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience in technical marketing, including the demonstrated ability to effectively reach and communicate with outside organizations.
- Experience developing marketing publications with high-level editing, graphic design and layout skills.
- Experience in a higher education environment, preferably in an engineering firm or among engineers in other settings.
- Previous experience in coordinating networking and industry-related events for students.
- Previous experience interfacing and collaborating with industry partners or advisory groups.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 17, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11353.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10302 - Dept Interdisciplinary Telecom
Posting Date: Oct 3, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 17, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002786