Instructor-NP-PA GU Cancer Program Clinic
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Instructor-NP-PA Genitourinary (GU) Cancer Program Clinic
Nurse Practitioner-Physician Assistant is needed in a comprehensive GU cancer program and practice.
Now seeking to fill a full-time faculty advanced practice provider (APP) position with benefits through the (Medicine) Division of Medical Oncology within the University of Colorado Cancer Center Genitourinary (GU) Cancer clinic. Primary work location is in Aurora, Colorado at the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC). The APP will be an active participant in clinical work seeing patients daily in the GU oncology clinic. As part of this clinic position, additional training as needed in active symptom control (palliative care) and clinical trials conduct will be provided. The mission of the Division of Medical Oncology is to provide the best cancer care available, to perform cutting-edge cancer research, to provide first-rate cancer education and to optimize clinician collegiality and collaboration.
Working Title: Instructor-Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant /Clinical Cancer Center, Genitourinary (GU) Cancer Program Clinic
This full-time faculty position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for ambulatory Genitourinary (GU) Adult oncology patients in the GU Cancer Program Clinic, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for patient care.
Examples of work performed includes the following duties:
- Manages the health care of patients in the Genitourinary (GU) Cancer Program Clinic.
- Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs.
- Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase I-III clinical trials.
- Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Hospital location in Aurora, Colorado.
- Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these GU programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Evaluates emergent patient issues (e.g. acute medical problems) in GU medical oncology patients, initially assessing and then communicating with the associated medical team as needed to evaluate and treated these patients as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Intermittent weekend coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed.
- Participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and teaching abilities through the presentation of GU oncology patient education programs. Attend GU oncology multidisciplinary tumor conference, patient support groups, journal review meetings, continuing education nursing/medical conferences and other activities which promote professional growth and continuing education.
- Maintains accurate, legible, and confidential records for continuity of patient care and fulfillment of insurance billing requirements.
- Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Master's Degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an Accredited
- Physician Assistant School is required.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in Colorado.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the nursing requirements of the nursing credential review board for the advance practice nurse/physician assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner/or as a Physician Assistant by a national professional organization
- Preferred three years' Oncology skillset and experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant;
- Clinical experience with GU Cancer and/or Cancer Clinical Trials patients is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically online at www.josatcu.com, job positing 11314. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Please attach all required documents which include the following data. 1) Cover letter to show that your skills match. 2) Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume. 3) Three (3) current list of professional references with all telephone and e-mail addresses. Note: if you do not include references in your CV/resume, please attach an additional sheet of references. 4) Copy of unofficial education transcripts (Bachelor's + Masters Degrees). 5) Document 1 = Copy of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification. Important: Please DO NOT submit documents (via e-mail) to the job posting contact. All applicant materials must be uploaded online at www.jobsatcu.com for final search committee review.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Oct 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00739856