ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR DESIGNLAB
JOB NO.: 92295-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Graphic Design, Instructional Design, Library, Museum, Arts, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 92295-AS
Working Title: Associate Director DesignLab
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A499700-GENERAL LIBRARY/DESIGNLAB
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
- Master's degree required.
- MFA or related degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Attention to details and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds and/or with diverse personalities
- Ability to mentor, teach, and tutor graduate and undergraduate students specifically in the area of digital design
- Extensive experience in design
- Demonstrated experience with the Adobe Suite or other applicable digital design tools
- Ability to exercise judgment in student academic affairs and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, interruptions, and conflicting demands
- Ability to manage a budget
- Proficiency in web editing and social media use
he Associate Director will assist the Director of DesignLab, a digital media center delivering services that support and extend digital design for students, instructional staff, and researchers. DesignLab focuses on conceptual and aesthetic issues, and integrate its services with other units, including DoIT's Software Training for Students, the Libraries, and the Writing Center. While the Director articulates DesignLab's vision and mission and coordinates its work with affiliated academic and service units, the Associate Director is responsible for its day-to-day operations.
The Libraries, including DesignLab, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
Instructions to applicants:
A cover letter and resume are required. References will be collected from the finalists only at the time of the interview. All applications must be submitted through Jobs@UW. Contact Anne Murphy-Lom with any questions.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 3 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 31 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time