Limited Term System Administrator
Limited Term System Administrator
Position Number: 53001572
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 10/16/2017
Salary Minimum: $54,778
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term System Administrator. The Systems Administrator's mission is to configure, deploy, and support services and systems to provide innovative, flexible, dependable and effective University business applications. Supports multiple servers, platforms, and applications in testing, development, and production environments. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with University goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Limited Term System Administrator will:
- Systems administration, optimization, security, and maintenance in Windows Server OS, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, Exchange, and related systems. Develops and supports general University systems in multi-campus IT data centers. Implements industry standards and best practices to develop production environments for all critical systems including designing and maintaining a development environment for testing newly developed solutions.
- Assist with systems migration to new hardware in lifecycle management.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores, security audits, ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host systems and multiple databases in accordance with University business needs.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers; document, develop and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for systems administration and appropriate use.
- Pursue continuing education in I.T. as it relates to your position by way of higher education, technical training, and industry-recognized certifications.
- Assist supervisor and other IT units with troubleshooting and repair of services, and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience installing, configuring and maintaining Windows servers including Active Directory services, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS, file and print management, user and group identity management and service provisioning.
- Database administration experience preferred.
- Virtualization experience desired.
- Some Linux experience preferred.
- Experience with Single-Sign-On a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; strong customer service orientation; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, conduct research into Windows server issues and products as required, and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One (1) year experience as a systems administrator in a multi-server environment, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- At least one Microsoft, VMware, or RedHat systems certification preferred.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: .
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.