Business and Finance Coordinator - Illinois Public Media (A1700617)
Business and Finance Coordinator
Illinois Public Media
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois Public Media (IPM) seeks applicants for the position of Business and Finance Coordinator. Reporting to the CEO of IPM. Illinois Public Media has a current Operating Budget of over $10M. This budget is comprised of several types of funds (Federal, State, University, Sponsored Projects, Self-Supporting, and Gifts). This position oversees the business and finance operations of all of these funds. Many of these activities are unique to public broadcasting. Oversee day-to-day operations and management of the business office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as advisor to the CEO and Operations Manager on financial issues.
- Work with directors to develop an annual budget. This budget should adhere to the general guidelines provided by the CEO and the long range plans of Illinois Public Media.
- Work closely with College of Media Budget Director/Assistant Dean of Business Operation to finalize annual budget.
- Monitor the financial operations of IPM. Prepares reports as needed. Alert CEO to potential problems.
- Work with external auditor on an annual basis in the preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare specialty reports, including, but not limited to, the Corporate Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Report and the SABS Report.
- Assist grant applications in preparation of budgets for external funding activities.
- Monitor financial activity in restricted grant accounts for compliance with grant terms.
- Prepare financial reports for external agencies as required.
- Responsible for the system of internal control within IPM.
- Conform to generally accepted accounting principles and practices. Comply with guidelines provided by GASB as well as the rules and regulations of the University of Illinois.
- Supervise accounting clerks, technicians, and others dealing with business affairs of IPM.
- Work side-by-side with the HR Coordinator collaborating payroll, account distribution, etc.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or business administration or related fields required.
Interacting with others and communicating effectively with university administrators, PIs, staff and external stakeholders. Understanding the structure and practices of College of Media and IPM. Identifying and addressing problems in order to resolve issues. Working independently under general supervision.
A thorough knowledge of accounting principles is required. Solid understanding of policies and procedures outlined for the University of Illinois and OBFS. Must have pre-award and post-award experience. Must have analytical problem solving skills. Ability to begin assignment without prompting, maintain productivity in both quantity and quality of work, and appropriately plan, organize and prioritize work. Ability to understand and abide by high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Knowledge of University of Illinois Applications. Good customer service and communication skills. Both verbal and written. Ability to demonstrate courtesy, consideration and patience with others.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by October 17, 2017. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the close date but no decision will be made until after the close date. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Annetta Allison (217) 265-7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional appointment with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Media/IPM
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Business and Finance Coordinator - Illinois Public Media (A1700617)
Open Date: 10/03/2017
Close Date: 10/17/2017
Organization Name: IPM Administration:Business Offic